Ankündigung: Update auf iOS 12

Genieße eine schnellere und flüssigere Erfahrung sowie lustige neue Funktionen, wie Memojis und Kameraeffekte.

iOS 12 laden

Frage:

Frage: FaceTime on a phone bought from UAE

Hi, I’m so disappointed as I just got a new phone (iPhone X) from UAE and was surprised that there is no FaceTime available. I live in Salzburg and FaceTime is the only reliable tool to communicate with family back home.

Is there a solution?

Gepostet am

Antworten

Seiteninhalt wurde geladen

04. Feb. 2018, 22:20 als Antwort auf Salwa Als Antwort auf Salwa

Sorry, but if you bought a device from a country, where FaceTime is not allowed, it can't be installed on that device, no matter in which country you user this iPhone.

The app is not part of the iOS firmware and this can't be changed.

04. Feb. 2018, 22:20

Antworten Hilfreich

05. Feb. 2018, 20:57 als Antwort auf Ingo1127 Als Antwort auf Ingo1127

Sad but thanks for answering.

The thing is that other people bought similar phones from UAE and their FaceTime is available and functioning normally in other countries. What a luck.

I can’t imagine I’d have an iPhone with such important feature missing when I live in a country that allows it.

05. Feb. 2018, 20:57

Antworten Hilfreich

05. Feb. 2018, 21:50 als Antwort auf Salwa Als Antwort auf Salwa

The problem is, that there are regulations in the country where the iPhone has been sold, i.e. where it is supposed to be used. If you buy an iPhone from a country, where FaceTime is an option by the carrier, you will be able to use FaceTime in the UAE, at least via Wi-Fi.

The iOS firmware is also country specific, meaning, some features might not be available for or in another country, because the carrier does not support this, or due to other regulations, that Apple has to follow in these countries.

Check this article about it:

http://www.saudimac.com/2010/10/facetime-in-the-middle-east-the-story-so-far/

Here's some info from Apple as well:

United Arab Emirates

Etisalat1

• LTE
  • Personal Hotspot3
  • VoLTE
  • Wi-Fi Calling

du1

• LTE
  • Personal Hotspot3

FaceTime isn't available in the United Arab Emirates.Vom Benutzer hochgeladene Datei

1. The carrier, not Apple, provides technical support for iPhone in this country or region.
  2. You need iOS 6 or later to use FaceTime over Cellular. You might notice decreased performance on some carriers while using FaceTime over Cellular on 2G networks.
  3. Might include an additional fee or requirement. Contact the carrier for more information.
  4. Carrier doesn't support MMS.
  5. VoLTE is available only on iPhone 6 or later.

FaceTime may be unavailable if your device originates from this country or region and becomes unlocked or is used in another country or region.

FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.

copied from: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the Middle East - Apple Support

05. Feb. 2018, 21:50

Antworten Hilfreich
Benutzerprofil für Benutzer: Salwa

Frage: FaceTime on a phone bought from UAE