Ankündigung: Upgrade auf macOS Mojave

Dank Funktionen wie dem Dunkelmodus, Stapeln und zwei neuen integrierten Apps könnt Ihr unter macOS Mojave mit einem Klick noch mehr erledigen.

Erfahrt hier, wie Ihr ein Upgrade auf macOS Mojave durchführen könnt >

Frage:

Frage: iMac 27" mid 2010 - backlight random switch off

Hello!

I installed 10.13.4 on my iMac 27" mid 2010 and discover a bug that the backlight switches off at random.

First I thought that my iMac was gone and that I have the graphic card problem that many users had. But than I saw that the display is still showing windows and only the backlight switched off. The backlight lights up as soon as you reboot.

Than I found a user at youtube that discovered that you can get the backlight back to work without rebooting.

When the backlight goes off just

1. Type "CMD-SHIFT-EJECT" - shortcut for switching off backlight (thou it is already off)

2. wait 2-3 seconds

3. press any key and backlight switches back on :-) until it goes off again :-(

If you set higher backlight levels it switches off in a shorter time, if you set the level less than 50% the backlight stays on (at least for a much longer time period)

I still thought of a hardware error until I discovered that this only happens with High Sierra. I tried with 10.6.8 and 10.12.6 - no problem.

So this looks like a new bug in High Sierra but do not mix it with graphic cards bug or half lighted displays. This looks to me like a software bug.

Every hint is welcome

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Gepostet am

Antworten

Seiteninhalt wurde geladen

Benutzerprofil für Benutzer: eweri

Frage: iMac 27" mid 2010 - backlight random switch off