Il semblerait que plus personne ne soit actif dans cette discussion. Si vous souhaitez reprendre la conversation, posez simplement une nouvelle question.

how to remove all iMessage(s) at once ?

My messages are becoming more and more numerous, mainly because I did not take care to delete them one by one. Is it possible to delete them all at once ?

Thanks for your help

Gerard

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Publiée le 9 févr. 2018 à 16h59

Répondre
5 réponses

Le 11 févr. 2018 à 10h23 en réponse à Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Ok yes I see, so you want to delete all conversations in the app at once.

From the app itself, you’ll have to delete one by one or select in the modify section, indeed.

But what you could also do (to gain some time and energy on older messages) is go to Settings > Messages. There, you should have an option like « Keep messages » and you can chose indefinitely, 1 year or 30 days. Changing to 30 days will delete all your older messages and attachments. I’m not sure that’s what you’re looking for, but it could help at least delete part of your messages at once and make some space on your phone :)

Screenshot in French :

Fichier chargé par un client

Le 9 févr. 2018 à 22h42 en réponse à Gerard

Hey Gerard,

Are your talking about deleting all messages in one conversation or all your iMessages in the app Messages (several conversations) ?

• In one conversation, you can open it, then select one message - here you'll have a window with Copy or Options - chose Options, and then on the top left of the screen you'll have the option to delete all > delete the entire conversation.
  • If you want to delete several conversations at the same time, when you open Messages, you have on the top left of the screen the option Modify (or sth similar). After chosing it, you'll see the option to select all the conversations you want on the left of the screen, then chose Delete on the bottom right.

Hope that's what you were looking for 🙂

Le 11 févr. 2018 à 11h09 en réponse à Aloha

Hi Aloha,

Thank you VERY much for your help. Your advice helped a lot. And thank you for showing the procedure in French. That's what I call "de la délicatesse" (which has nothing to do with "delicatessen" !).

You're right, I am French but had the luck to be raised in both French and English. And it's really a great luck.

Very kindly

Gérard

how to remove all iMessage(s) at once ?

Bienvenue dans la Communauté d’assistance Apple
Un forum où les clients Apple s’entraident avec leurs produits. Faites vos premiers pas avec votre identifiant Apple.