Il semblerait que plus personne ne soit actif dans cette discussion. Si vous souhaitez reprendre la conversation, posez simplement une nouvelle question.

Which files to save with timecapsule?

Hello,

I'm using time capsule to save both my desktop and my portable.

In both cases I wonder which files should be saved?

What I mean by that is that I see see no reason to save system files which take up a lot of space and that are updated regularly.

I would make a clean reinstall if I had a system related problem, and would only restore my data afterwards.

Easily it would be saving my user folder and its subfolders, and I have copies of applications in the app store or elsewhere in the cloud. But what about mail and application customizations? Mail especially intrigues me. I use mail with many different mailboxes but as far as I can see the mail data in iCloud only occupies the size of my iCloud account.

I find the apple documentation extremely sparse on both of the subjects (TimeMachine & iCloud).

Thank you in advance to anyone that can and will help.

Lars C.

Mac mini (Late 2012), macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Publiée le 9 nov. 2018 à 16h13

Répondre
Question marquée comme Meilleure réponse

Publiée le 10 nov. 2018 à 15h02

Hi lars119,

Thanks for posting your question in the Apple Support Communities. We have a Community for English speakers here. Please feel free to join and post your question there, or repost your question in French here.

Cheers.

1 réponse

Which files to save with timecapsule?

Bienvenue dans la Communauté d’assistance Apple
Un forum où les clients Apple s’entraident avec leurs produits. Faites vos premiers pas avec votre identifiant Apple.