Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ Episodes Stopped Working

I signed up for Apple TV+ on launch day. Everything worked fine until the day the 6th episodes released (November 22, 2019). I tried to watch The Morning Show and got "there's a problem loading this content". I tried See and got the same thing. The next day I tried again and got the same errors. I reset my Apple TV 4K. It then showed the banner to try Apple TV+ for a few seconds and went away. After trying a few times, I was able to play both episodes. I then got the same error again on episode 3 of For All Mankind. A couple days later, my wife tried to watch the episodes and the error was persistent. I get the error on any Apple TV+ show, no matter the episode number. Nothing we tried would work. It does the same thing on my Apple TV 4th gen in another room. On my 2018 iMac, I can open the TV app, but when I try to play an episode, it opens a player window for 5-10 seconds and then closes itself. I get an error if I try to download an episode. I tried to call Apple and got transferred around a lot and my call got dropped multiple times. I tried emailing and after providing them with a small novel, they said they only do iTunes and I would need to call.

I have reset my AirPort Extreme router. I have logged out of iTunes on my Apple TV 4K and signed back in. The Apple TV 4K is connected via a Cat6a cable to one of the router's Gigbit Ethernet ports. I get 100+Mbps down and up. I am on the optimal 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels. My 4th gen Apple TV and iMac are on wifi. Both devices, and my router, are 802.11ac capable. I also do 100Mbps up/down on wifi. Every other steaming app works perfect, including Netflix (with 4K streaming), Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and channel specific apps.

If it matters, I also have an iPad Air 2nd gen and iPhone X with the TV app removed. I have an Apple Watch Series 4 and HomePod. I don't know if any of that has any effect on anything, but I'm throwing it out there to cover all bases.

Between the first few weeks and the beginning of the issue, nothing has changed or had hardware issues so there should be nothing we did to cause the issue.

If there are any questions I can answer to help get a solution, just let me know. This is really getting under my skin.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 5:58 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple TV+ Episodes Stopped Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.