Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much power does USB-C on MacBook Pro 13" (2020) deliver?

Hi!

I have - as the title says - the question of how much power (Watts) the MacBook Pro 13" 2020 (4 Ports) delivers (or can deliver) to connected devices. Specifically Id like to know if I can charge my iPhone 18W when I am connecting it to the MacBook Pro instead of the 18W charger (using the official USB-C charging Cable)

Now I have tried to use systeminfo to get to this information, but Im not sure if I am correct with it:

1) Systeminfo -> Hardware -> USB -> USB 3.1 Bus shows this (translated from german to english):

Available amperage (mA): 500

Amperage required (mA): 500

Additional operating amperage (mA): 1900

Standymode amperage (mA): 2400

-> So in total it can deliver up to 2,4 Amps - right?

2) How much Volts can it deliver, though?

Systeminfo -> Hardware -> Power shows for the battery a voltage of 12829 mV = 12,8V

Since Watts is Amps x Volt this would make ~30 Watts, but that is for the battery in general, not specific to one port.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

So how much Wattage can the MacBook Pro deliver with one port or per USB Bus? Can I fast charge my iPhone with 18 Watts over USB from the MacBook? Is it depended on wether or not I charge the MacBook. Is the info above from systeminfo even useful?

Even one of those questions answered would help!

Greetings,

Sam

MacBook Pro 13" 2020, MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 2:23 PM

Found my answer here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201163

With the infos in here: https://www.apple.com/macbook-pro-13/specs/

This means Ive got 3.1 Gen 2 Ports = I can charge with up to 15W.

Similar questions

1 reply

How much power does USB-C on MacBook Pro 13" (2020) deliver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.