Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i changed carriers but i always use backup and i need to know does it back up texts messages? are they on icloud and can i retrieve them?

If I changed carriers but ALWAYS used back up my messages should be in my iCloud, yes?

So how do I check for them and retrieve them? It’s important because they are evidence for a scam used against my husband and I!!!!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 4:00 PM

Text messages are stored in a backup providing your husband wasn't using messages in iCloud - Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support. In order to retrieve them, he can restore from a backup - Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support regardless of carrier.

1 reply

if i changed carriers but i always use backup and i need to know does it back up texts messages? are they on icloud and can i retrieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.