Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My legitimate emails being tagged as junk or spam

I have 3 Apple IDs - '.mac' '.me' and '.icloud', since I have been with Apple a long time and started with dot Mac when we paid for the service. Recently some of my Mac emails to friends have suddenly been going into their junk folder, if they even reach their computer at all, and one friend checked the full headers of my emails to him, and found my email was being marked by something as junk. Either 'spf' or 'dkim' or 'dmarc' was getting a "fail" with some being put into quarantine. How do I get this corrected, or who do I contact to get it sorted? Is this something to do with the Apple server or something Apple are doing? I do use Thunderbird as my mail program, but I have done so for many years and that has never caused a problem before. Thanks for any help.

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 3:01 AM

No. Those friends that had told me my mail was being tagged as junk were sometimes not even receiving my emails as they were getting stopped before they reached their computers. The problem was not with any private person marking my emails as junk. The problem turned out to be two fold. It seems ISP rules have changed plus the new software that was necessary for Catalina, had also changed, and whereas I had always sent all my emails through the ISP (Plusnet) SMTP server, I now have to set my software to send my ISP emails through their server, whilst my domain name emails are sent through their server, and Apple emails are sent through the Apple server! That has immediately stopped the domain and Apple emails being tagged as junk.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2020 3:01 AM in response to Eric Root

No. Those friends that had told me my mail was being tagged as junk were sometimes not even receiving my emails as they were getting stopped before they reached their computers. The problem was not with any private person marking my emails as junk. The problem turned out to be two fold. It seems ISP rules have changed plus the new software that was necessary for Catalina, had also changed, and whereas I had always sent all my emails through the ISP (Plusnet) SMTP server, I now have to set my software to send my ISP emails through their server, whilst my domain name emails are sent through their server, and Apple emails are sent through the Apple server! That has immediately stopped the domain and Apple emails being tagged as junk.

My legitimate emails being tagged as junk or spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.