Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app not compatible with Various Fire TVs (including devices that should be)

I have 6 Fire TV devices: One Fire TV Sound bar, 3 Fire Sticks and two Fire TV boxes but only ONE Fire Stick and the Sound bar are compatible. I am paying for the Apple TV app but cannot use it on the main Fire TV devices used in my house. Why does the Apple TV app not work on some various Fire TV devices? Can this be fixed with an Apple Update?

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 10:12 AM

Apple partnered with Amazon to release the app, it is then up to Amazon as to which of their devices gains support (current list pasted below). If you have devices that are not not he list then you would need to reach out to them to inquire.

• Fire TV Stick 4K (2018)
  • Fire TV Stick – Gen 2 (2016)
  • Fire TV Stick – Basic Edition (2017)
  • Fire TV Cube (Gen 2)
  • Fire TV Cube (Gen 1)
  • Fire TV – Gen 3 (2017)
  • Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition
  • Fire TV Edition – Toshiba 4K (2018, 2020)
  • Fire TV Edition – Insignia 4K (2018, 2020)
  • Fire TV Edition – Toshiba HD (2018)
  • Fire TV Edition – Insignia HD (2018)
  • Fire TV Edition – Onida HD (2019)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 10:12 AM in response to KPayne25

Apple partnered with Amazon to release the app, it is then up to Amazon as to which of their devices gains support (current list pasted below). If you have devices that are not not he list then you would need to reach out to them to inquire.

• Fire TV Stick 4K (2018)
  • Fire TV Stick – Gen 2 (2016)
  • Fire TV Stick – Basic Edition (2017)
  • Fire TV Cube (Gen 2)
  • Fire TV Cube (Gen 1)
  • Fire TV – Gen 3 (2017)
  • Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition
  • Fire TV Edition – Toshiba 4K (2018, 2020)
  • Fire TV Edition – Insignia 4K (2018, 2020)
  • Fire TV Edition – Toshiba HD (2018)
  • Fire TV Edition – Insignia HD (2018)
  • Fire TV Edition – Onida HD (2019)

Apple TV app not compatible with Various Fire TVs (including devices that should be)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.