Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add Apple TV to Homekit

4K ATV first generation problem: bluetooth on iPad won't zero in on ATV and can't add it as accessory to Homekit. Homepod added, no problem. Do not have the 8-digit number it keeps requesting available. Suggestions, options? Just reset the ATV from scratch and all apps working, regardless.

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 5:39 PM

Exasperated after signing in and out all my devices/rebooting, just left my bluetooth-enabled iPad front-facing ATV for a long while. Eventually it finally recognized ATV and set up the Homekit. Maybe some network latency issue, but what I don't get is why it continuously failed to scan ATV when I zeroed in right on it from every angle. HomePod by comparison was a cinch.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 5:39 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Exasperated after signing in and out all my devices/rebooting, just left my bluetooth-enabled iPad front-facing ATV for a long while. Eventually it finally recognized ATV and set up the Homekit. Maybe some network latency issue, but what I don't get is why it continuously failed to scan ATV when I zeroed in right on it from every angle. HomePod by comparison was a cinch.

Jun 19, 2021 8:44 PM in response to swipod touch

For HomeKit, the used Apple ID accounts must match. Then the Apple TV box would already be known to the Home app through iCloud. Just assign it to a room. That’s all there is to it.

Two-factor authentication may ask for a 6-digit number. That will be send to your “trusted device(s)”, e.g. iPhone, iPad, or Mac with the same Apple ID account. Without a trusted device, you can’t have two-factor authentication.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Can't add Apple TV to Homekit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.