Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie crashes when exporting

I use MacBook Pro and MacOs BigSur 11.4

I have problem with iMovie. It crashes every time when I try to export movie to desktop. I tried below advices from previous post but nothing works:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250060464

I was able to use it previously, this problem started a couple days ago. I am not able export any project, which I have done previously. Also I opened a fresh user account with a new library and even deleted/downloaded iMovie to reset everything. Still does not work even for a small 20 seconds movie.

I hope somebody finds a solution.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:19 AM

If you are using iMovie 10.2.4 there have been reports by others of crashing when trying to export. The solution that has worked is to go to System Preferences/Language and Region and change the region to United States and the language to English. There may be other combinations that work as well, but we don't have data on that yet.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 11:19 AM in response to Goksun

If you are using iMovie 10.2.4 there have been reports by others of crashing when trying to export. The solution that has worked is to go to System Preferences/Language and Region and change the region to United States and the language to English. There may be other combinations that work as well, but we don't have data on that yet.

-- Rich

iMovie crashes when exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.