Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing new number to old on iPhone!

I have changed contracts and been given a new sim with a new number. I did the whole transfer so my original number stays and that has seemed to work as on my new network provider my original number is showing. However, when I go to settings on my iPhone 7, go to my Apple ID, scroll all the way down to iPhone, the number is still the new number on the sim not my old transferred number. I cannot call anyone or text and it’s very frustrating. Can someone please help? Thank you.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 6:48 PM

Thanks for reaching out, Humaira1299.

It sounds like you're porting your old number from your previous carrier to a new carrier. We can help.

Generally when you transferr a phone number from one provider to another, there is a temporary number that acts as a placeholder while the port is authorized between the two companies. This can take some time, and your best bet to find out the status is by reaching out to the new company. Once it completes, the information should update on the SIM and you should be good to go, but only they will be able to check the status for you.

Hope that helps!

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 6:48 PM in response to Humaira1299

Thanks for reaching out, Humaira1299.

It sounds like you're porting your old number from your previous carrier to a new carrier. We can help.

Generally when you transferr a phone number from one provider to another, there is a temporary number that acts as a placeholder while the port is authorized between the two companies. This can take some time, and your best bet to find out the status is by reaching out to the new company. Once it completes, the information should update on the SIM and you should be good to go, but only they will be able to check the status for you.

Hope that helps!

Take care.

Changing new number to old on iPhone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.