Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since downloading Monterey, my messenger app wont open. Any thoughts?

Any suggestions for opening messenger? Since downloading Monterey, my messenger app won't open.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 6:17 AM

bradley1971 wrote:

Any suggestions for opening messenger? Since downloading Monterey, my messenger app won't open.

Question - is this the native Apple Messages or a third party Messenger application ? If the latter of the two - suggest contacting the Developers of his Software for assistance and or an upgrade / update for Monterey Compatible version.

If the former of the two - restart in Safe Mode and then Test is the issue is presented.

Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.

When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 6:17 AM in response to bradley1971

bradley1971 wrote:

Question - is this the native Apple Messages or a third party Messenger application ? If the latter of the two - suggest contacting the Developers of his Software for assistance and or an upgrade / update for Monterey Compatible version.

If the former of the two - restart in Safe Mode and then Test is the issue is presented.

Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.

When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

Dec 2, 2021 7:53 PM in response to bradley1971

I have the same problem. i use the Messenger everyday with my family. now i have to download google chrome just to have the Messenger video calls work. I thought it was just me because i cant see any review about it. I uninstalled the Messenger App then tried to install in again many times, unfortunately it doesn't work. i hope this gets fixed soon.

Since downloading Monterey, my messenger app wont open. Any thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.