Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adjustment Layer Not Showing in Final Cut Pro 10.6.1

New to Final Cut Pro - added adjustment layers to Motion Templates>Titles>Adjustment>Adjustment Layer folder as per instructions - restarted Final Cut Pro, restarted computer and the adjustment layers do not show up in the Titles area of Final Cut Pro.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:49 AM

If you had to create the Motion Templates folder yourself, right click on the folder and Get Info. In the Name & Extension box, make sure it is: "Motion Templates.localized". For the Title Folder, do the same and verify it is "Titles.localized". Once the localized status is set up, you should see the Adjustment Layer appear in FCPX in the Titles Browser under the Adjustment category.

You do *not* need to localize any of the folders lower in the heirarchy than the Effects, Generators, Titles or Transitions folders.

BTW, in all likelihood, once you've established a ".localized" folder, that part of the folder name will simply disappear — it is generally hidden by default.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 9:49 AM in response to bjpawlett

If you had to create the Motion Templates folder yourself, right click on the folder and Get Info. In the Name & Extension box, make sure it is: "Motion Templates.localized". For the Title Folder, do the same and verify it is "Titles.localized". Once the localized status is set up, you should see the Adjustment Layer appear in FCPX in the Titles Browser under the Adjustment category.

You do *not* need to localize any of the folders lower in the heirarchy than the Effects, Generators, Titles or Transitions folders.

BTW, in all likelihood, once you've established a ".localized" folder, that part of the folder name will simply disappear — it is generally hidden by default.

Dec 29, 2021 10:28 AM in response to fox_m

I am just following the advice of a YouTube tutorial (Will Chidlow). I downloaded the adjustment folder from his link. All the adjustment layers are the identical except for name. It just helps differentiate the different adjustments on the timeline since they are named according to use.

Adjustment Layer - general miscellaneous adjustments that other categories do not apply (e.g. something novel)

Correction Layer - colour adjustments etc.

Crop Layer - for applying zooms

Grade Layer - for applying Custom LUTS

They all show up when I click "Adjustments" and I can choose which one I prefer to drag to the timeline.

I think it was a good tip.

Dec 29, 2021 10:39 AM in response to bjpawlett

Okay - cool. Then the Adjustment Layer top folder actually just becomes a subcategory or "Theme" in the arrangement. You can find other examples of themes under other categories like Bumper/Opener — if you scroll down the list, you will find lines across the column and a label directly under like: Bulletin Board, Cinema, Comic Book, etc.

It wasn't always necessary to localize those top levels of folders and older tutorial videos will probably leave out that specific information.

Adjustment Layer Not Showing in Final Cut Pro 10.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.