Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air burning out adaptors?

I have a Macbook Air M1 2020 model. Recently my adaptor (the one that came with it) stopped charging my computer. I tried a 20 watt Apple adaptor I had with a USB-C connection and it started charging my computer. Then today when I plugged back in, THAT adaptor had stopped working. The cords themselves seem to be okay, but I'm wondering if either the computer or the cable itself could be causing issues that are damaging my AC adaptors. The outlet itself seems fine. Other items I plugged into the plug seemed to be working fine.

Concerned that I'm now down two separate adaptors and I have no way to charge my Mac. Anyone aware of a similar issue?

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 4:55 AM

crutncaker wrote:
... I tried a 20 watt Apple adaptor....

That adapter is woefully inadequate for charging your MacBook Air considering that it ships with a 30 watt adapter. I am not surprised that the 20 watt adapter failed.

You should have got a proper replacement for the original.

3 replies

Macbook Air burning out adaptors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.