Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio to text

I have a library audio recordings. I have many of them as MP3s. I also am currently recording voice memos as I teach and give lectures. Is there a way to convert these audio files to text in pages on my new iMac?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 10:30 AM

No. Pages does not provide audio transcription features, nor does apple provide any in the operating system. You might investigate the Mac App Store by searching for the string audio transcription. Look for those applications that provide a free trial from the developer's site before you make a purchase. Remember, if their lips are moving…

Apple's Dictation shuts off all audio sources except the microphone, so not suitable for this purpose.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 10:30 AM in response to Rev901

No. Pages does not provide audio transcription features, nor does apple provide any in the operating system. You might investigate the Mac App Store by searching for the string audio transcription. Look for those applications that provide a free trial from the developer's site before you make a purchase. Remember, if their lips are moving…

Apple's Dictation shuts off all audio sources except the microphone, so not suitable for this purpose.

audio to text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.