Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Wake-up) alarm doesn't work ~70% of the time

Hello,

my (wake-up) alarm stopped ringing most of the time. Unfortunately, I can't say exactly when it started. In the beginning it seemed to be the exception, but now it happens almost every day. This is a big problem as I have been relying on it. My current workaround is to not just rely on the wake-up alarm, but to have dozens of alarms and hope that at least one of them rings, but that seems to work less and less often.

The times it doesn't ring, there are two slightly different observations, one of which strikes me as rather odd. Sometimes it's just silent, but other times the snooze and stop buttons are missing and the overlay is just blurry. As far as I can tell, both cases occur with equal frequency.

OS version: 15.2.1

Phone type: iPhone 12 Pro Max

Please let me know if and how I can help you troubleshoot this further.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Marcello Mönkemeyer

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 5:57 AM

Scenario:

I set my alarm for 8:00. It goes off. I hit “stop” and reset for a layer time. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn’t. Or, it indicates that it HAS alarmed by showing a countdown to a phantom snooze, yet no sound, no anything. Iphone12. My 6S didn’t have that problem

PS - I have 45 mins to feed the dogs, get dressed and flat-iron my hair, let the dogs out to poop and run back in the house because I forgot something 😤

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 5:57 AM in response to Marcello-Mönkemeyer

Scenario:

I set my alarm for 8:00. It goes off. I hit “stop” and reset for a layer time. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn’t. Or, it indicates that it HAS alarmed by showing a countdown to a phantom snooze, yet no sound, no anything. Iphone12. My 6S didn’t have that problem

PS - I have 45 mins to feed the dogs, get dressed and flat-iron my hair, let the dogs out to poop and run back in the house because I forgot something 😤

(Wake-up) alarm doesn't work ~70% of the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.