Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidecar stopped working on MacBook Pro M1 when updating to macOS 12.3 / Universal Control not working

After updating to macOS 12.3 my MacBook Pro M1 stopped working with sidecar wirelessly. It can no longer see my iMac 27" (2017) or my iPad Pro 12.9inch as a wireless screen. If I plug my iPad Pro into the MacBook Pro it will pop up in the "Add Display" bar and work. But only if plugged in. It disappears from bar when unplugged. Oddly my iMac sees my MacBook Pro and connects through sidecar to add a display but I cannot connect the other way around. My iMac also can see my iPad Pro and connect. Its just my newer MacBook Pro that can't connect anymore to the others. Plus on top of all that my iMac can do Universal Control to my iPad Pro. But my MacBook Pro can't do Universal Control at all.

MacBook Pro: M1, 13inch, 2020, macOS 12.3

iMac: Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2017, macOS 12.3

iPad Pro: 12.9 inch, 2nd Gen, iOS 15.4

All in all the iMac can do Sidecar to both MacBook Pro and iPad Pro. It can do Universal Control to iPad not MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro can't do anything to either iMac or iPad wireless. Which is so odd because its the newer device.

I tried restarting all devices many times. turned off wifi and bluetooth and back on again. yes all on same wifi. yes Handoff is turned on on all devices. Even toggled it off and on again. Yes all three are logged in with the same Apple ID with two factor authentication. Yes all devices have the latest software. Yes all Universal Controls are checked on, on all devices. Even forced quite Universal Control in the activity monitor on MacBook Pro. and yes devices are within 30 feet of each other. They are all actually inches apart..

Anyone else having this issue with their MacBook Pro M1s after updating to macOS 12.3?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 1:38 PM

Greetings riley88166,

Nice job with your troubleshooting. A few other steps would be to restart your Wi-Fi router/modem, forget the network on your Mac, and reconnect.

Additionally, to see if the issue is system-wide, test with a different macOS user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

If the issue continues, then reach out to Apple Support directly for assistance: Get Support

Kind regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2022 1:38 PM in response to riley88166

Greetings riley88166,

Nice job with your troubleshooting. A few other steps would be to restart your Wi-Fi router/modem, forget the network on your Mac, and reconnect.

Additionally, to see if the issue is system-wide, test with a different macOS user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

If the issue continues, then reach out to Apple Support directly for assistance: Get Support

Kind regards.

Sidecar stopped working on MacBook Pro M1 when updating to macOS 12.3 / Universal Control not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.