Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to airtag

I had to logout of iCloud and back in on my iPhone to fix a screen time bug.

Now that I'm in, I noticed that all my AirTag devices are gone in Find My. Reset one of the AirTags and tried to add it back but keep getting a "Could Not Complete AirTag Setup" error. Strangely all the devices are still showing up in FindMy on my Mac, but there's not option to remove them.

Anyone have an idea how to get them to show up on my iPhone again?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 8, 2022 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 6:34 AM

After useleslly spending ALL DAY yesterday unpairing/resetting/pairing one of my AirTags, woke up this morning to find all my devices back. And the lone device I was testing with repaired in seconds.

The only logical conclusion is that there was some cached iCloud data on my phone that was causing the issue. I was able to remove that test AirTag and re-add it via iPad, but still wouldn't work on my iPhone. Did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING after trying for hours only to wake up this morning and everything worked after first attempt.

I've got a scheduled call with Apple support, I'll let them know my findings. Odds are likely the info will go directly into the trashcan. Hopefully if anyone else runs into this issue they find this thread and just WAIT for iCloud sync to finish doing what it's doing in the background (unfortunately there's no indicator to let you know).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 6:34 AM in response to Shareef Yousef

After useleslly spending ALL DAY yesterday unpairing/resetting/pairing one of my AirTags, woke up this morning to find all my devices back. And the lone device I was testing with repaired in seconds.

The only logical conclusion is that there was some cached iCloud data on my phone that was causing the issue. I was able to remove that test AirTag and re-add it via iPad, but still wouldn't work on my iPhone. Did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING after trying for hours only to wake up this morning and everything worked after first attempt.

I've got a scheduled call with Apple support, I'll let them know my findings. Odds are likely the info will go directly into the trashcan. Hopefully if anyone else runs into this issue they find this thread and just WAIT for iCloud sync to finish doing what it's doing in the background (unfortunately there's no indicator to let you know).

Cannot connect to airtag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.