Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I display clip names in filmstrip view in the browser?

I'm not seeing the clip names under the thumbnails in my FCP Browser when using filmstrip view. How do I display the clip names?

I've been trying to figure it out and doing searches for 30 minutes with no luck. I'm attaching an image with a couple of the clip names circled in yellow to show what I'm talking about. (There is nothing under the filmstrip thumbnails in my Browser window.)

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 6:56 AM

Start by trashing your preferences. Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this while double-clicking your library, the application will open a default Untitled library.  

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 6:56 AM in response to JDLee

Start by trashing your preferences. Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this while double-clicking your library, the application will open a default Untitled library.  

Jun 1, 2022 6:44 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

That is an image from Apple's website showing the filmstrip view. I'm attaching two screenshots showing what I'm seeing in my Browser, one in filmstrip view and one in list view. I see the same lack of a name under the clip in filmstrip view regardless of whether I have one clip or multiple clips, and no matter what camera the clips are from. I seem to remember having this problem once years ago, but I cannot remember or find how to fix it.

Jun 1, 2022 7:05 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you! That seems to have fixed it. I tried two libraries (the one I did your "hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library" with and another one I just double-clicked on) and now the titles show under the clips in filmstrip view.

Exactly what did this do, though? Have I lost other settings in FCP now by doing this? And do you know why I was experiencing this problem to begin with? Had I somehow caused the clip names to disappear? Thanks

How do I display clip names in filmstrip view in the browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.