Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Synchronize Clips Greyed Out

Hi! I am trying to synchronize audio and video clips in Final Cut Pro X but the options to Synchronize Clips is greyed out.

The video is from a Sony ZV-1 and the audio is from an audio interface connected to my Macbook Pro, recording in QuickTime.

The clips line up perfectly if I do it manually but this is very frustrating because the Synchronize Clips option is so convenient.

Any ideas? I updated all my software.

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 4:56 PM

You can’t sync the clips inside the project. They have to be in the browser. You sync them there, and they are combined into a sync clip, which is edited into the project. Select the clip with the playhead over it and press ⇧ F. This will place a copy in the browser.

If you’re importing with drag and drop it’s always best to drag to an event in the browser first, and make a selection there to edit into the project.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 4:56 PM in response to MikeSuperX1

You can’t sync the clips inside the project. They have to be in the browser. You sync them there, and they are combined into a sync clip, which is edited into the project. Select the clip with the playhead over it and press ⇧ F. This will place a copy in the browser.

If you’re importing with drag and drop it’s always best to drag to an event in the browser first, and make a selection there to edit into the project.

Final Cut Pro X Synchronize Clips Greyed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.