Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar search

When I search recent past events in my calendar on my iPhone 13 it shows up as “no result”. I have restarted my phone and my iOS is up to date. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 9:43 AM

I copied my reply on another post, because I saw this one first and wanted to come back.

I was having the same issue for over 2 weeks, very frustrating, but like you, I couldn't find anything recent about it. I've restarted phone, done a hard reboot and updated apps - none worked. Today I hunted again, found another suggestion online so I tried it and it worked!!

Go to your iCloud settings and turn off Calendars, choose "Keep on iPhone" - mine took 1-2 minutes to actually turn it off. When I went to calendars, search worked. I did a hard reboot, went back into calendars, search still worked.

Went to iCloud, turned Calendars back on, choose "Merge" - again took 1-2 minutes to turn on. Search worked.

I did another hard reboot, opened calendar, and the calendar displayed was January 2021 (it's October 2022). Search works but several duplicated entries (in shared calendars w/other apple users only) - at the bottom next to "Calendars" it was showing the "working" symbol. I have several shared calendars, some with other apple users, and some through google - it took over an hour for it to stop showing the "working" symbol.

Hope this helps y'all! :)

Hard reboots make me feel better, don't come at me, I don't know if they help, I'm not a tech person.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 9:43 AM in response to tova50

I copied my reply on another post, because I saw this one first and wanted to come back.

I was having the same issue for over 2 weeks, very frustrating, but like you, I couldn't find anything recent about it. I've restarted phone, done a hard reboot and updated apps - none worked. Today I hunted again, found another suggestion online so I tried it and it worked!!

Go to your iCloud settings and turn off Calendars, choose "Keep on iPhone" - mine took 1-2 minutes to actually turn it off. When I went to calendars, search worked. I did a hard reboot, went back into calendars, search still worked.

Went to iCloud, turned Calendars back on, choose "Merge" - again took 1-2 minutes to turn on. Search worked.

I did another hard reboot, opened calendar, and the calendar displayed was January 2021 (it's October 2022). Search works but several duplicated entries (in shared calendars w/other apple users only) - at the bottom next to "Calendars" it was showing the "working" symbol. I have several shared calendars, some with other apple users, and some through google - it took over an hour for it to stop showing the "working" symbol.

Hope this helps y'all! :)

Hard reboots make me feel better, don't come at me, I don't know if they help, I'm not a tech person.

Calendar search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.