Samsung drivers for macOS Ventura

Samsung SCX 4623 printer app malfunctioning and downloading driver doesn't work. Message "this volume doesn't meet the requirements for this update"

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 6:22 AM

Hi,

The Samsung SCX-4623 drivers from HP (Samsung printers are now part of HP) appear to be for older Mac operating system versions only.

Unless your printer possibly would be compatible with the V3.93.08 universal driver at

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.08.dmg

(by choosing one of the other models there), you could perhaps carry out an experiment with something similar to a procedure suggested by Matti Haveri in a discussion Samsung ML-1640 laser printer (usb only) - Apple Community. A Samsung SCX-4623 Series 1.08.01 printer driver is listed in Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. This may or may not work with your printer. As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything at all.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 6:22 AM in response to herman294

Hi,

The Samsung SCX-4623 drivers from HP (Samsung printers are now part of HP) appear to be for older Mac operating system versions only.

Unless your printer possibly would be compatible with the V3.93.08 universal driver at

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.08.dmg

(by choosing one of the other models there), you could perhaps carry out an experiment with something similar to a procedure suggested by Matti Haveri in a discussion Samsung ML-1640 laser printer (usb only) - Apple Community. A Samsung SCX-4623 Series 1.08.01 printer driver is listed in Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. This may or may not work with your printer. As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything at all.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Sep 5, 2023 12:05 PM in response to AnneBfromNY

Hi AnneBfromNY,

The driver in question is mentioned by HP as a Samsung Universal Print and Scan Driver for the Samsung Xpress SL-M2070FW Laser Multifunction Printer, but it would probably be wise to test it.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2070-laser-multifunction-printer-series/16450377/model/16450383

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before doing anything.

If necessary, you may want to try Apple's Image Capture for scanning. I do not know whether an additional ICA driver will be needed, though.

Scan images in Image Capture on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If nothing else works, a third-party (paid) product could possibly be of interest.

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/samsung_sl_m2070.html

It is also worth noting that the Samsung Xpress M2070FW is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting Apple's AirPrint technology. This means that printing should not require an extra driver, provided that the M2070FW and the Mac computer are connected to the same network. AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections, so you could choose to wire this printer by Ethernet to one of the LAN ports of the Wi-Fi router (instead of connecting wirelessly), if you so wish. This way, some of the difficulties related to Wi-Fi may be avoided.

Oct 7, 2023 10:06 AM in response to denise2756

Thank you for the information.

Sorry, cannot help you with the uninstaller problem. Perhaps someone else here has experienced something similar with this download. Otherwise, you may have to contact HP.

You could of course reset the printing system.

Did you try to use drivers for a few other models in the V.3.93.08 download?

Would the exact printer model be SCX-4824FN? That is, do you have a network printer (Ethernet)? If so, is the actual printer connection via Ethernet (via a switch/router), or are you using USB directly from the computer?

The SCX-4824(FN) appears to emulate PCL 6, which may make it possible to use generic PCL printer software, if nothing else works. See the Add a network printer by specifying its IP address section ("You can also try choosing generic postscript or PCL printer software from the pop-up menu depending on your type of printer." under the Use option) in Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK).

May 9, 2024 12:14 AM in response to herman294

I downloaded Samsung Printer Drivers v2.6 for OS X - Apple Suppor(support.apple.com/en-us/106427). It said "This volume does not meet blah blah-" like you.

Apple Documents speaks "Mac OS X v10.6 or later" and parently my print is on the Samsung print list, however they exactly having exception the software or program what I need to set up.

Because of the Link on the other appler answer, Samsung ML-1910K works now!

I choose the "ML-2160 Series" on the print driver selecting list, though mine is not showed up.

I feel They intend to make people like me install their software or apps for their control on purpose,

but I want to say appreciate to this page and other users.

Dec 19, 2023 3:37 PM in response to herman294

Hi,

I have Macos ventura 13.6.2 and Samsung scx-4828fn. I tried the universal driver and installing the specific samsung scanner app. The installation was successful, the scanner is now detected in image capture, although it cannot communicate with the scanner. I get an error message that the os cannot open the samsung scanner app, there's a risk of malicious software, so it needs to be updated by samsung. Can you help me? Thanks!

Samsung drivers for macOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.