Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

iOS 16.4.1(a) and Homekit

Does anyone have problem with iOS 16.4.1(a) and Homekit?

Yesterday I installed the iOS 16.4.1(a) on my iPhone 14, iPhone XS and iPad.

After that my homekit doesn't understand if I'm at home or not.

So my security cameras are in "record" as I'm away and my lights don't switch automatically on when I return home.

My Homekit hub is an HomePod mini and/or an AppleTV 4k, both with iOS 16.4.1.

Any ideas?

Posted on May 2, 2023 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 3:31 PM

Same thing after the (a) update, iPhone location is good but home location is 500m shifted, so for HomeKit I’m not at home. I tried a lot of thing, also remove 16.4.1 (a) from setting, change home location in contact but problem still here, I can just expect the issue will gone by itself tomorrow morning….. the interesting thing is on my mac home location is good, I don’t know where is the problem…

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 3:31 PM in response to Kaikko73

Same thing after the (a) update, iPhone location is good but home location is 500m shifted, so for HomeKit I’m not at home. I tried a lot of thing, also remove 16.4.1 (a) from setting, change home location in contact but problem still here, I can just expect the issue will gone by itself tomorrow morning….. the interesting thing is on my mac home location is good, I don’t know where is the problem…

iOS 16.4.1(a) and Homekit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.