Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to fix high-pitched squeaking in my left AirPods Pro

My left airpods pro makes high pitched squeaking noise when handling (i.e. from case to ear and from ear to case). Any ideas for fixing this? It seems to only happen with the left airpod.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirPods Pro

Posted on May 19, 2023 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 9:13 AM

It’s the ear tips that make the squeaky squelching noise. Replace them and it should be better until they “break down” again.

6 replies

May 21, 2023 11:49 AM in response to andyfromkeller

Hello again ~ Hmmm…do you have any other devices connected? You may try disconnecting all and reconnecting your AirPods. Also try turning off noise cancellation and turning it back on again. Other than that I am out of suggestions and would have them checked out. It would indeed be distracting. I hope you get it worked out. If you do have them checked could you post back to increase my knowledge to help others? Take care and all the best!

~Katana-San~

May 3, 2024 11:29 PM in response to andyfromkeller

My AirPods were doing the same thing and the squeaky noise was so annoying. It was ear piercing. I was so sad because I have had them for only 5 months. I did all the troubleshooting including restarting to factory settings, everything but nothing like that worked. Until I figured out what the problem was. They were just dirty. I had taken them to the beach and there were two grains of sand in the right one. I took the rubber attachment off, rinsed it with lukewarm water making sure the water didn’t get inside (holding the pod upside down) and dry with microfiber cloth that won’t leave any residue. I also rinsed the rubber attachments. Problem solved! I’m so happy because I was planning a trip to my nearest Apple Store already and it’s not near me.

*I’m telling you what I did, I was very careful with the water. If you happen to do it, please do NOT get water inside it. Do it at your own risk.

How to fix high-pitched squeaking in my left AirPods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.