Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How do I delete/clear all voice messages from iPhone

Deleting all VMs from my iPhone is non-intuitive. I need help figuring this out. Plus, I understand that to fully clear out the mailbox, I have to clear the deleted messages. This is also not intuitive. One option I'm seeing is to call my carrier and ask them to reset the mailbox. Is this, in fact, what clearing all messages requires?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on May 26, 2023 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2024 8:17 AM

Was anyone able to figure this out? Is there a way to select all or delete in blocks as opposed to having to select each voicemail one at a time for deletion?

19 replies

May 26, 2023 4:31 PM in response to ewalrath2012

To clear all the voice mail messages on your iPhone,

1. Select the Phone icon then tap Voicemail at the bottom, right.
  2. Select Edit at the top, right of the screen then tap the ones you wish to delete.
  3. Finally, select Delete at the bottom right of the screen.

To clear all deleted emails (Trash), it’s a little quicker.

1. Open Mail and tap Mailbox at the top, left. Select Trash.
  2. Tap Edit in the upper-right corner, then individually select the emails that you want to delete, or tap Select All.
  3. Tap Delete > Delete All.

I hope this helps.

Oct 3, 2023 11:42 AM in response to Carol B.

That isn’t really good advice. Most of IPhone has the voicemail call only. Ur talking about first generations that no one have today.

i can’t delete it either until i listen to it all which I don’t want to cuz its all scammer voicemails. No option to delete it has one is bugged and does beeping sounds making it unable to delete it and passes to the next voicemail

How do I delete/clear all voice messages from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.