Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Final Cut Pro X Compound Clip Slow Playback

Hello, I edited a compound clip at a separate project timeline for a larger project. This compound clip belongs to the same FCPX library that includes the 2 separate project timelines. It doesn't play smoothly, but plays with delay. I detached the audio and just compounded images. I wonder what I m missing there. As I pasted the compound clip to the nseparate timeline, I receive the same result, a slow delivery. Your insight? Note is the only clip in the larger projects timeline that plays that way. Thank you in advance for this.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 2:24 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Jun 23, 2023 12:49 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

The XML via Wetransfer Hello, the screenshot was just my confirmation that my files are copied in the library.

I am unsure and need a clarification about the process you are proposing (exporting the contents and reimporting?), will you explain? I was working a small scene (Green Screen), on a separate event within the same library. Once I finished editing, I selected all images and created a compound clip. The clip showed in my event and I dropped it in the new project timeline that has the whole project.

I exported the .fcpxml, I hope you can review. The project is simple (to me), aside 4 small GS scenes. I simply edited scenes in different projects and connected them under one project.Thank you again for looking into this.

Jun 23, 2023 4:13 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

This is an old project I am re-editing. And once I imported the footage the first time, the files were copied to the library and were never moved since. The library is on the desktop. Now, the footage I am editing have been transferred from a Final Cut Pro 7. I don't have an issue with the rest of the project, just this clip. Any insight is appreciated.

Jun 23, 2023 4:05 AM in response to nefeli0514

The issue remains, after rendering. I replaced the previous clip from start to finish. I lifted it from the storyline and dropped on the timeline. I also overwrited it. I can't put my finger on this. I am on the Multicam setting; I tried to delete older versions of the compounded clip and it says it wont delete a multi clip. What else I could try?

Jun 24, 2023 2:00 AM in response to nefeli0514

nefeli0514 wrote:

The XML via Wetransfer Hello, the screenshot was just my confirmation that my files are copied in the library.
I am unsure and need a clarification about the process you are proposing (exporting the contents and reimporting?), will you explain?

The suggestion was predicated on the notion that somehow your system was having trouble working this timeline, because of this compound clip - let's call it "Compound A".

It is possible that I misunderstood - in which case you can put me right.

If I understood correctly, you are using "Compound A" as a part of a larger timeline, and this timeline (or the compound itself) is not playing smoothly.

My suggestion was:

1) Select the whole compound in the browser, and Export File, choose Video and Audio, and save it, say, "Compound A-output" (you may choose a better name, that is just an example)

2) Import the recently created file "Compound A-output" (you might use "leave in place" to avoid duplication, if you want)

3) Duplicate the project and in the copy replace "Compound A" by "Compound A-output".

The idead is that it is easier for FCP to handle a "built" movie file than a compound with perhaps multiple stuff inside.

Jun 24, 2023 1:24 PM in response to nefeli0514

Sorry, I'm a little confused about what you're describing. You did as Luis said and exported the Compound A segment and imported it back into your library, then replaced the original Compound A with the rendered version and it still doesn't play back? When you say you're in "Multicam setting," do you mean you've double-clicked a multicam and are in the Angle Editor? Can you try to describe in specific, step-by-step detail with screen shots what's happening?

Final Cut Pro X Compound Clip Slow Playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.