Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Screentime Frustrations

I am so frustrated that the settings I enter for my daughter's screen time allowance are wiped DAILY. I need to be able to rely on this system - but every day it is deleted. Downtime settings are wiped. App allowances that I set disappear regularly. I have asked in the Apple store and they don't understand it either. I have changed the password and I know its not her changing the settings herself. I've restarted my phone - updated the operatiing system etc etc etc. Tried everything. Why doesn't this system work? It is SO crucial that parents are able to have faith in this system - but it simply doesn't work. Causing endless problems in my household. Apple Community - PLEASE can you help me figure out why this isnt working?

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 12:29 AM

You should pay attention to two commonly overlooked aspects...

1. Configuring device restrictions for your child's device.
  2. Setting up a screen time passcode on your own device for your child.

Set Screen Time Restrictions for your Child in your Family using Parental Control.

Please see the pic below which is self-explanatory.

Set Screen Time Passcode for your child's device through your device.

Go to Settings and tap Screen Time. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time passcode. Tap Content Restrictions, then tap Web Content. Choose Unrestricted Access, Limit Adult Websites, or Allowed Websites Only.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod ...

Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing > Screen Time.
  2. Tap the name of a child in your family group, tap Turn On Screen Time, then follow the onscreen instructions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 12:29 AM in response to Screamtime

You should pay attention to two commonly overlooked aspects...

1. Configuring device restrictions for your child's device.
  2. Setting up a screen time passcode on your own device for your child.

Set Screen Time Restrictions for your Child in your Family using Parental Control.

Set Screen Time Passcode for your child's device through your device.

Go to Settings and tap Screen Time. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time passcode. Tap Content Restrictions, then tap Web Content. Choose Unrestricted Access, Limit Adult Websites, or Allowed Websites Only.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod ...

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing > Screen Time.
  2. Tap the name of a child in your family group, tap Turn On Screen Time, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Apple Screentime Frustrations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.