Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

download icloud photos sent via text

My mom texted me 800 pictures via iCloud (yes I know it is a lot) and I am trying to save them all to my own phone. it says that 246 are saved but it has stopped there and will not download the rest. When I try to download then again it says “these items have already been saved, 603 items are being downloaded and will be added to your Photo Library”. It has been like this for weeks and won’t download anymore photos. The iCloud link is expiring soon and I need to get the rest of the photos what do I do?

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 4:09 PM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2023 12:53 PM in response to Badattechgirly

Hey Badattechgirly,

We'd recommend reviewing this article as it provides steps to help resolve iCloud Photos syncing issues which should apply to the issue you're experiencing downloading those photos: If your iCloud Photos aren't syncing to your device - Apple Support

"Check the status of your library in Photos

If your photos aren't syncing, check the status bar in the Photos app for a status message, then follow the onscreen directions or learn what your status message means

On your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Photos app. 
  2. In the Library tab, tap All Photos.
  3. Scroll to the bottom to see the status bar. 
  4. The status bar at the bottom of the Photos app shows that 3 items are syncing to iCloud.

"

"If your photos still aren't syncing to iCloud

Learn what to do if you don't see a status message at the bottom of the Photos app that explains why your photos aren't syncing, or syncing is taking a long time. If you see a Couldn’t Sync [number of items] to iCloud status message, learn how to move these photos to your library

Connect your device to power

If your device seems to be stuck on a status message that says Syncing [number of items] to iCloud or Syncing with iCloud…, connect your iPhone or iPad to power and to Wi-Fi.

Check your Apple ID

Make sure that you signed in to iCloud with the correct Apple ID on your device.

Learn how to sign in to iCloud

Check which Library view you're in

If you set up iCloud Shared Photo Library in iOS 16.1 or later, iPadOS 16.1 or later, or macOS Ventura or later, check which Library view you're in. When you move photos to your Shared Library, you no longer see them in your Personal Library. You also won't see photos moved to your Shared Library if you're on a device with an earlier version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS or if the iCloud Shared Photo Library owner has run out of iCloud storage.

Learn how to switch between your Personal Library and Shared Library

The Both Libraries view selected on an iPhone."

Thanks!

May 4, 2024 6:06 PM in response to Badattechgirly

Same thing happened to me but I solved it by going to the ‘for you’ tab at the bottom of your screen in photos. You should find the iCloud image file that was shared over text. The select all your images and share them to ‘files’. Once they are sent into your files you can then save them as a picture to your camera roll!

hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

download icloud photos sent via text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.