sound suddeny stops

i have a little irritation with my homepod mini : if I use them as a tv speaker when i watch a series of film the sound from my 2 homepods suddenly stops playing. i can resolve it by restarting the episode or film. is there a solution for it ? my internet connection work fine so that is not the problem.

HomePod mini

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 2:39 PM

Hi karst80,

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

1. Does it seem like the issue is only happens if you use your HomePod minis as TV speakers? Are you experiencing a similar issue if you are using your HomePod minis with other devices like an iPhone?
  2. Are you using an Apple TV? If yes, is your Apple TV up to date? Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

In the meantime, let's restart your HomePod minis. Restarting your device may help correct the issue.

1. "Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID that you used to set up HomePod.
  2. Tap or click HomePod.
  3. Scroll down, or tap or click the Settings icon  and scroll down.
  4. If you have two HomePod speakers set up as a stereo pair, select Restart HomePod. If your HomePod speaker is not set up as a stereo pair, select Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod. "

You can use the article below as a reference.

If HomePod or HomePod mini isn't responding - Apple Support

If the issue continues, it may help if you reset your HomePod minis.

1. "Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger."

Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support

Then, use the steps below to create a stereo pair.

1. "In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap a HomePod.
  2. Scroll down, then tap the Settings button.
  3. Tap Create Stereo Pair and follow the onscreen instructions."

Set up a HomePod stereo pair - Apple Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 2:39 PM in response to karst80

Hi karst80,

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

1. Does it seem like the issue is only happens if you use your HomePod minis as TV speakers? Are you experiencing a similar issue if you are using your HomePod minis with other devices like an iPhone?
  2. Are you using an Apple TV? If yes, is your Apple TV up to date? Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

In the meantime, let's restart your HomePod minis. Restarting your device may help correct the issue.

1. "Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID that you used to set up HomePod.
  2. Tap or click HomePod.
  3. Scroll down, or tap or click the Settings icon  and scroll down.
  4. If you have two HomePod speakers set up as a stereo pair, select Restart HomePod. If your HomePod speaker is not set up as a stereo pair, select Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod. "

If HomePod or HomePod mini isn't responding - Apple Support

If the issue continues, it may help if you reset your HomePod minis.

1. "Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger."

Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support

Then, use the steps below to create a stereo pair.

1. "In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap a HomePod.
  2. Scroll down, then tap the Settings button.
  3. Tap Create Stereo Pair and follow the onscreen instructions."

Set up a HomePod stereo pair - Apple Support

Take care!

sound suddeny stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.