Apple Watch does not appear in Find My app

My watch is paired to my iPhone but does not appear in the Find My app. I found the directions on Apple.com, but the first step is to open settings on my watch and tap my name, but my name does not appear. What should I do to get my watch to show up on Find My?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 1:04 PM

Find My was unselectable on my watch, I followed this and other suggestions. But none of these worked and I really didn't want to unpair/repair or erase and restore my phone or my watch. So I went back to the basics to ensure my phone was set correctly. I resolved it when I realized that Find My was not on for my phone therefore also not on my watch. General-Settings-(your name at the top) to get to your Apple ID-Find My then turn it on. Everything else reconnected.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2023 1:04 PM in response to CT1368

Find My was unselectable on my watch, I followed this and other suggestions. But none of these worked and I really didn't want to unpair/repair or erase and restore my phone or my watch. So I went back to the basics to ensure my phone was set correctly. I resolved it when I realized that Find My was not on for my phone therefore also not on my watch. General-Settings-(your name at the top) to get to your Apple ID-Find My then turn it on. Everything else reconnected.

Apple Watch does not appear in Find My app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.