Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Apple ID, iCloud , Media & Purchases Disabled

When I go to settings, the Apple ID, iCloud+, Media & Purchases is disabled. I cannot click on it. I can sign into my Apple account from the desktop or iPad, but not my phone.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 9:07 PM

My Apple ID, iCloud and media and purchases is disabled why?

8 replies

Jul 11, 2023 12:58 PM in response to smg5340

If an app or feature on your device is not working, not appearing, or is restricted (grayed out), it may have been disabled using Screen Time, or by an IT administrator if you are using a device owned by an employer or educational institution.

- Read this document about using Screen Time on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch --> Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Tap Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy > scroll to Allow Changes.

- If the device is managed (Settings > General > VPN & Device Management), contact the IT department that is doing the managing.

If you are using Family Sharing, make sure this isn't a Sharing related issue such as happened in this case: Change Payment Method - Apple Community

E.g., If you are part of a family group but not the Organizer, you cannot add your own payment method.

Feb 10, 2024 2:03 PM in response to palesa68

Your issue is different from the one being addressed in this thread and would best be posted in its own thread.

The support article If a message says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support says you must contact Apple for help if you see that message or one saying "You cannot login because your account has been locked".

This is not something you can fix yourself. Click or tap on this link provided by Apple to be put directly in touch with the people who can help you with this issue ➞ https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23362

or for telephone contacts refer to: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Apple ID, iCloud , Media & Purchases Disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.