Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Facetime and iMessage activation unsuccessful after getting eSIM (dual SIM)

Hi everyone!

I recently switched from my iPhone 11 to iPhone 14 Pro Max with 2 phone numbers (one eSIM and one physical SIM). I had no problems with texting via iMessage nor FaceTiming using my phone numbers and my caller/texter ID was one of my phone numbers.

After changing the phone, I was no longer able to choose my phone numbers as caller/message IDs. Now, everytime I text someone via iMessage, they see my e-mail address, same goes for Facetime which is extremely annoying.

In the settings, under iMessage and FaceTime, everytime I try to toggle on my phone numbers I get the "activation unsuccessful".

Send as SMS/MMS is on, tried singing out and back in from my Cloud on my phone, tried turning iMessage and FaceTime on and off, reset the phone, phone is up to date... nothing seems to help.

Please help, thanks.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 2:17 PM

Roxxy24 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I recently switched from my iPhone 11 to iPhone 14 Pro Max with 2 phone numbers (one eSIM and one physical SIM). I had no problems with texting via iMessage nor FaceTiming using my phone numbers and my caller/texter ID was one of my phone numbers.

After changing the phone, I was no longer able to choose my phone numbers as caller/message IDs. Now, everytime I text someone via iMessage, they see my e-mail address, same goes for Facetime which is extremely annoying.

In the settings, under iMessage and FaceTime, everytime I try to toggle on my phone numbers I get the "activation unsuccessful".

Send as SMS/MMS is on, tried singing out and back in from my Cloud on my phone, tried turning iMessage and FaceTime on and off, reset the phone, phone is up to date... nothing seems to help.

Please help, thanks.

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 2:17 PM in response to Roxxy24

Roxxy24 wrote:

Hi everyone!

Please help, thanks.

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Facetime and iMessage activation unsuccessful after getting eSIM (dual SIM)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.