MacBook Pro m1 2021 auto-boot disable

Hi

i have M1-Pro MacBook Pro, I have read a lot of posts about auto-boot on m1 MacBook pros and I saw some commands to disable it.

i tired

sudo nvram auto-boot=%00 and after the restart , it didn’t boot up and said contact apple to restore mac.

for a moment I got freaked out because it did not boot up at all, so don’t try this.

after a while I tried to long press the power button to see if I can set it back to

sudo nvram auto-boot=%03 as per the instructions from previous macs , so when I was in recovery mode I opened up a terminal and tried the above command. Ofcourse sudo dint work and I just tried nvram auto-boot=%03

and then I tried to restart, luckily I could able to boot up and for a moment I got relaxed. And could resume my normal operations.

so please don’t try anyof these commands on your new MacBook pros, mine is still in warranty so I could get a repair if needed, if someone do not have, try at your own risk or don’t try at all.

auto boot and pressing some key and opening the lid is an annoying feature they have added , I request apple to make a release to disable this feature. It drains the battery when it’s always on.

thanks

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 1:29 AM

User wrote " auto boot and pressing some key and opening the lid is an annoying feature they have added , I request apple to make a release to disable this feature. It drains the battery when it’s always on. "

Apple is not here.

Thee are User to User Forums Only

Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2023 1:29 AM in response to dp_nxg

User wrote " auto boot and pressing some key and opening the lid is an annoying feature they have added , I request apple to make a release to disable this feature. It drains the battery when it’s always on. "

Apple is not here.

Thee are User to User Forums Only

Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

MacBook Pro m1 2021 auto-boot disable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.