Virus from sites and ads

So i have 2 questions related to that topic. 1. I wanted to download a YT video through a paste download site that ive always used since it had no ads and stuff. But whenever i started downloading this video it would immediately stop. Tried couple times but no. Tried another video and it worked. I know this may seem obvious but is there any virus risk from it not working or just a bug?

2.After this i started looking for other sites to download the video but was hesitant cuz they had alot of pop up ads and i didnt want to risk getting a virus. I saw the site i usually use recommend some other sites. I decided to use one of them. I put the link and clicked convert and it redirected me to another site and 3 big ads popped up. I panicked and closed safari before closing the tabs. Could i have gotten a virus from this.

Ive been told there are no viruses that could infect iphones but idk how true that is and what happened now got me worried if i could have gotten one.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 6:57 AM

No, it isn't. Safari is reloading the last sites that were open, so you see the same garbage. You need to clear this old data.

Use the application switcher to drag Safari up and off the screen to close the app. Then:

Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data

Choose how much data you want to clear (Last hour, Today, Today and Yesterday, All history), then tap the red Clear History button.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2024 6:57 AM in response to eugenelovemymini

No, it isn't. Safari is reloading the last sites that were open, so you see the same garbage. You need to clear this old data.

Use the application switcher to drag Safari up and off the screen to close the app. Then:

Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data

Choose how much data you want to clear (Last hour, Today, Today and Yesterday, All history), then tap the red Clear History button.

Sep 2, 2023 4:26 PM in response to isbanned111

There are no viruses that affect iPhones so just forget that idea.

There are plenty of sketchy websites, especially those that offer to download copyrighted videos and other content that is not normally available to download through legal means. They may be laden with advertisements, website redirects and other annoyances but none of them can infect your iPhone with anything.

Virus from sites and ads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.