Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Screen Capture highlight won't disappear

When I take a screenshot (CMD/Shift/5) the screen is dulled except for a window identifying the shot. After the screenshot, the dulling/highlight-window remains. The only way to get rid of them is to restart my MacBook Air (Ventura 13.2.1)

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 2:19 AM

User wrote " The only way to get rid of them is to restart my MacBook Air (Ventura 13.2.1)"

There are many Bug and Security fixes that have been made available since Ventura 13.2.1

Some of which may or may not be related to your original issues

Suggest updating the computer and then test if the computer is till having the same issue

refer below

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.5.2 )

Apple security releases

Keep your Mac up to date

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 2:19 AM in response to shalabhs

User wrote " The only way to get rid of them is to restart my MacBook Air (Ventura 13.2.1)"

There are many Bug and Security fixes that have been made available since Ventura 13.2.1

Some of which may or may not be related to your original issues

Suggest updating the computer and then test if the computer is till having the same issue

refer below

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.5.2 )

Apple security releases

Keep your Mac up to date

Screen Capture highlight won't disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.