Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

How to disable Trainer Tips on Apple Fitness Summary tab

IOS added extremely annoying Trainer Tips to the Fitness Summary tab. If I want to see garbage ads, I’ll go to the Fitness+ tab. HINT: I don’t and won’t.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, 17

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 9:44 AM

Training tips are ads for Fitness+. The fact they are 30-second videos makes it clear to me. Apple should allow users to remove these tips if they don’t need them.

I sent feedback, crossing fingers they make this thing optional.

43 replies

Nov 12, 2023 7:37 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

That’s the thing—we don’t want to watch them. We don’t need them. It’s stupid to force people who don’t need or want a useless annoying feature to keep it right in the middle of things that ARE useful

someone made a huge mistake—let’s hope Apple realizes it and has that person do some remedial training on customer satisfaction

Nov 19, 2023 2:25 PM in response to Retired_5902

Totally agree. Just give us the option to disable fitness tips. I care about my trends and have zero interest in a random tip. Screen real estate is valuable and we should be able to make choices. Same with the photo on the watch when you start a workout. Don’t make me scroll. Let me use my device the way I want to.

Idris, please don’t reply to me to bad your rep stats. The purpose of this thread is workarounds and solutions. You don’t think that we should be frustrated. Not your call. No need to say it more times than anyone else on the thread.

I submitted a feature request, too.

Dec 20, 2023 2:29 PM in response to Retired_5902

As a long time user of the Fitness app, I am annoyed that my workout history has been replaced by Trainer Tips in my main view of my app.

it is insulting and degrading to have view these tips provided by smiling posers who provide general platitude tips that are useless to anyone who actually practices fitness every day year after year. The whole purpose of a personal trainer is provide personalized help.

Please provide me with an option to manage my view to remove Trainer Tips. Or move Trainer Tips off the main view.

Nov 20, 2023 3:45 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I don't need the ability to have voicemail on my phone and yet, there it is.

Yes, but this is positioned like a notification in the middle of the fitnes app. It even as a person's face on the left, so it grabs your attention like in WhatsApp or a similar messaging app.

You can turn notifications off all across the phone with much precision, and you should be able to turn this "fitness tip" notification off also. Even worse, once you watch the video the notification doesn't disappear, but stays there, right in the middle of the main fitness screen.

I agree with others in that I find the workout app a nice "internal space", where I can think about myself and not be bugged by ads and notifications. Having someone's face and name is super annoying. Will submit feedback also. (I suspect this will go the way of "clippy" the helpful paperclip in Office apps!)

Nov 12, 2023 7:34 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I guess we’ve found the person who thought up this worthless irritating “addition” to a previously useful app

this worthless addition ISNT like a fitness trainer we’ve hired, its like an irritating and unskilled pest who keeps interrupting your time at gym with bad suggestions.

yes we can always leave apple products behind. Probably will if Apple cares so little for customers

Nov 13, 2023 7:18 AM in response to SmallestSparrow

SmallestSparrow wrote:

That’s the thing—we don’t want to watch them. We don’t need them. It’s stupid to force people who don’t need or want a useless annoying feature to keep it right in the middle of things that ARE useful

I don't need the ability to have voicemail on my phone and yet, there it is.

someone made a huge mistake—let’s hope Apple realizes it and has that person do some remedial training on customer satisfaction

Based on the number of people complaining about this (I've seen almost none), I don't think Apple has much reason to consider this a "huge mistake." But, you can let Apple know your thoughts on the matter here:

Product Feedback - Apple

How to disable Trainer Tips on Apple Fitness Summary tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.