Why has Favourites/Dock been removed in WatchOS10??

Ok, so you changed the button gesture to access the dock in WatchOS10, but why did you take away the option to choose between recents and favourites?? I used this all the time to quickly launch apps 🤷🏻‍♂️ can't understand how this makes any sense...

Please can you re-instate this option? I know you've added others (such as crown up), but this feature wasn't hurting anyone, it wasn't in the way, it wasn't interfering with any other function... 💔

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 11:32 AM

On an average day, I probably accessed the dock 20+ times per day. Having my favorite apps at the touch of a button was a very helpful feature. What was the thinking in removing this feature?

To the UX personnel and developers; the open tasks dock is not a substitute or a lateral move. For my usage, this new OS makes my Apple watch significantly less usable/useful.

41 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2023 11:32 AM in response to bentomkinson

On an average day, I probably accessed the dock 20+ times per day. Having my favorite apps at the touch of a button was a very helpful feature. What was the thinking in removing this feature?

To the UX personnel and developers; the open tasks dock is not a substitute or a lateral move. For my usage, this new OS makes my Apple watch significantly less usable/useful.

Sep 27, 2023 5:59 AM in response to Branta_uk

Yes, double click of the crown takes you to the dock. What’s changed/missing is the ability to change what is shown in the dock. By default it is Recents, but in the watch app on iPhone there used to be a Dock menu that let you change it to Favourites, where you could choose which apps showed and in which order. That’s what I’m confused and sad about. I can’t understand why that’s been removed!?

Nov 22, 2023 8:59 PM in response to LD150

Thank you LD50.

Two things about this new functionality.

thing 1 - It is a pain to do this on the watch. I used to be able to more easily set my favorite apps for the old dock on my phone.

thing 2 - I can't access all my apps here. Some of my apps are just not available on this stack of apps. Like my Nike running app which used to be at the top of my favorites on the old dock. This app is not available to be pinned here. I can only access it through the full list of apps and is a pain to find.

Major downgrade from Apple.

Nov 22, 2023 9:03 PM in response to Branta_uk

Apple made me sad with his new upgrade. Trying to find a way to revert.

Not at all what I need. I used to be able to access my favorite apps quickly and easily though the old dock. Having to scroll through the entire stack of apps is a huge time consuming pain. This really takes away functionality for me. The new Smart Stack and ability to pin apps only works with certain apps and unfortunately some of my favorite apps are not available to be pinned.

Dec 7, 2023 9:52 AM in response to bentomkinson

I agree with all that the Dock feature taken away is not a favorable decision. At the risk of me stating the obvious, the double click feature on the crown will take you to your most recent apps, so if you click on your fav apps or use it frequently, it/they will always be there when you double click the crown. Hope this helps

Jan 1, 2024 12:45 PM in response to bentomkinson

This recent Watch OS update is TERRIBLE. It is now much harder to access my dock apps. It was not hard to access control panel in prior Watch OS. I used the dock apps button many many times a day. Now I need to quickly double tap the Crown button which is much harder. What functionality is created with this update? . All my muscle memory is gone . I keep accessing the control panel unintentionally. Upsetting.

Mar 10, 2024 10:54 AM in response to Swooper-33

Swooper-33 wrote:

I agree!! This is a horrible change and makes my watch far less usable. Running app and music right there with an easy swipe. Use it multiple times during run to check time/distance, change music. Plus I just wasted an hour trying to find where the dock went and how to bring it back. Double click watch dial is awkward as **** and the scrolling is touchy. Keep clicking on the wrong stuff. Bring back the dock PLEASE! Have rolled with all other updates but this is a no-go. :(

Apple does not read this user-to-user technical support forum for feedback.

But you can send Apple feedback via:

Feedback - Watch - Apple

If enough users send feedback, it is more likely a decision maker will see it, and maybe take action.

Mar 10, 2024 10:50 AM in response to Mountainview100

I agree!! This is a horrible change and makes my watch far less usable. Running app and music right there with an easy swipe. Use it multiple times during run to check time/distance, change music. Plus I just wasted an hour trying to find where the dock went and how to bring it back. Double click watch dial is awkward as **** and the scrolling is touchy. Keep clicking on the wrong stuff. Bring back the dock PLEASE! Have rolled with all other updates but this is a no-go. :(

Why has Favourites/Dock been removed in WatchOS10??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.