Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Nebula app from the App Store has charged for the free trial.

So i downloaded this app that charged me ₱2990, they were offering a 3 day trial but in the first hour I downloaded I already saw charges on my card.

the subcription also doesnt show up in my apple subscriptions so there is no option to cancel and it looks like im stuck and no way to escape this.

Ive tried emailing them but are very annoying as they don’t give out clear answers or instructions and the emails just go round and round.

anyone experienced the same thing?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2024 7:15 AM

Absolute scam. AppStore should take the app down considering there are number of similar complains.

Similar questions

43 replies

Jan 31, 2024 7:13 PM in response to tkd0205

I keep getting charged for services I never request. I clicked on an ad to get a free reading and chose to provide a 1.20€ contribution then suddenly I had a deduction of an additional 19.99€ towards some report I never requested. I contacted support and was notified in email that this is a one-time transaction rather than subscription. I thought Ok maybe I made a mistake. Now I’ve just been charged 22.80€ out of no where. I go onto their platform and find that I’m subscribed to some weekly thing I again never requested (and as per their support reply should not be on). Turns out they also automatically subscribe you without notifying you. Been trying to get a refund and they refuse to be held accountable. This is completely unacceptable.

Feb 26, 2024 4:17 AM in response to tkd0205

I don’t know what you guys are even talking about. I used the trial, didn’t get charged for anything I didn’t pay for, and easily unsubscribed once I wanted to.

If you can’t find the unsubscribe feature (seriously, HOW?), text the support team. They will help.

I don’t understand why you’re even blaming the app for your failure to navigate it or read the terms and conditions.

Feb 25, 2024 10:06 PM in response to tkd0205

Me also I don’t know how to contact or unsubscribe I can’t find any information on how to do so I’m now in the hundreds of dollars being charged. I’m not sure that Apple should pay us back. However, they are company of integrity so I would suggest, they apply the heat us our money back for us and ban them forever. if anybody has an idea on how to shut this off, please let me know

Feb 19, 2024 9:34 AM in response to tkd0205

I was unable to find an unsubscribed link. I did the following so hopefully it worked.

Using the website:

1. find the help option
  2. started a chat
  3. typed cancel subscription
  4. the bot then asked if I acces through website or app
  5. then asked for my username and confirmed if found my account
  6. then and said it was now canceled

Hopefully this worked

Apr 20, 2024 3:30 PM in response to T522

Nebula? Ok here’s what you actually need to do, be super legalese about it, contact their customer support, and hammer home that at best their app is misleading and at worst it’s outright predatory. Inform them you intend on calling the bank and issuing a stop payment order if this is not resolved. They will try and avoid any refund of any nature, they’ll offer a half one with credits. Refuse that one, tell them you want your money back full stop. Point out that the “opt out” button or “skip” button is in ten point font floating over the much larger (buried in the code so it overlaps or it did the last time I checked when I had to fight the charge) “give us fifty bucks for nada” button.

Nebula is a predatory app, the user design is seemingly modeled to trick users into paying for things they don’t want.

also when I got scammed and redeemed my money, I pointed out that when I signed up I was signing up for “co-Star” they used a link that was masquerading as co-Star and I had no idea I signed up for nebula till I was charged

good luck be persistent

Apr 13, 2024 4:47 PM in response to Jlehman0229t

Write a message in the support center. I was not able to find a place on the website to cancel. The website through the iPhone is terrible, I agree. And I was NOT going to download their app after I read through the terrible intro astrology report that was emailed to me.

my experience was bad and would suggest people stay clear of touching the ad that appears on Facebook.

Nebula app from the App Store has charged for the free trial.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.