Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

CarPlay not working with iPhone 15pro

Hello there, I have jeep grand Cherokee 2019 model. I was using iPhone 13 and CarPlay was working good with usb cable. Now I got iPhone 15 but my CarPlay is not working. I have usb port attach to my car. So used lightning to usb-c adapter to connect my phone. But still car play is not working.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 8:07 PM

mak1585 Said:

"CarPlay not working with iPhone 15pro: Hello there, I have jeep grand Cherokee 2019 model. I was using iPhone 13 and CarPlay was working good with usb cable. Now I got iPhone 15 but my CarPlay is not working. I have usb port attach to my car. So used lightning to usb-c adapter to connect my phone. But still car play is not working."

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay:

For me, it takes a few tries to get it to pair, most certainly...

A. Usual Manual:

Read your driver's manual to find out more about syncing this.

B. Re-Pair this, while in Park:

Unpair your device from your car, and then par it. For many, they must have their automobile in park to get this to all pair.

C. Visit this Link:

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 8:07 PM in response to mak1585

mak1585 Said:

"CarPlay not working with iPhone 15pro: Hello there, I have jeep grand Cherokee 2019 model. I was using iPhone 13 and CarPlay was working good with usb cable. Now I got iPhone 15 but my CarPlay is not working. I have usb port attach to my car. So used lightning to usb-c adapter to connect my phone. But still car play is not working."

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay:

For me, it takes a few tries to get it to pair, most certainly...

A. Usual Manual:

Read your driver's manual to find out more about syncing this.

B. Re-Pair this, while in Park:

Unpair your device from your car, and then par it. For many, they must have their automobile in park to get this to all pair.

C. Visit this Link:

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

May 2, 2024 7:53 AM in response to mak1585

I had this same issue with iPhone 15 and 2019 Toyota RAV4 which has the regular usb port receiver (not usb-c). I’ve noticed that it works fine only under the following circumstances: 1) iPhone battery charge must close to full; 2) you need an usb-c to regular usb adapter plugged in your car, 3) do not select a phone when prompted to do so. Then select CarPlay when either your car display or your phone shows the CarPlay icon.

Before realizing this, I tried my iPhone in mi daughter’s 2019 Acura and it connected with CarPlay directly without all the drama. But Apple has to do something about this. It’s a really annoying issue.

CarPlay not working with iPhone 15pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.