Does anyone know why the Apple Card will not allow Simplifi (Quicken) to use its program?

I am using the Simplifi bookkeeping program and cannot upload my Apple Card transactions. According to Simplifi, the problem is on the Apple Card end. They apparently have been unable to receive authorization from Apple. This is a wonderful and easy finance management app (far superior to MINT) and I find it frustrating that I cannot add my Apple Card. Any ideas?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2024 10:57 AM

Stanluca wrote:

I don't why they would have issue with this as they supported Mint.com perfectly before. They really screwed us closing down Mint.com :(

Apple had nothing to do with closing down Mint.

You can let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

15 replies

Dec 6, 2023 5:12 PM in response to N4KHQ

Nope. It’s just the opposite. Apple doesn’t allow connection to financial software out of concern for security and privacy is my guess. Goldman Sachs' other consumer credit card, the GM Mastercard, connects perfectly with Quicken Connect. And Goldman Sachs’ private wealth investment services works as well.

Dec 10, 2023 6:09 AM in response to lkrupp

If I add an Account To Truist Bank,  Apple Card is listed, but when I give my Apple ID and password. I get an error. I have read that when you add an account to any financial app you are directed to an Apple page for sign in and Apple sends the bank tokens for security reasons. Truist basically said Apple refused the connection try again later. It appears to me the APIs are in place to meet apple security requirements. 

Oct 9, 2023 9:09 AM in response to Suzi6161

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. We don't have accessed to unpublished Apple information and aren't allowed to speculate.

There have been complaints since the Apple Card was launched in 2019 that syncing transactions with financial services such as Quicken in not supported. The only option offered has been to manually export transactions and then import them into financial apps that support the export format. I don't know whether Simplifi supports that, but it is a bit labor intensive and can only be done monthly even if they do. See: Download or export your Apple Card statements and transactions - Apple Support

Apr 8, 2024 3:37 AM in response to Suzi6161

Apple has released Financial Kit. It appears to require an iPhone/iPad to set up the syncing but I that should not be a problem because Apple Credit Card is just about an iPhone only app. Two or three budget apps that Apple used in development are already syncing. I think Simplifi will be syncing as soon as they can get the code written for Simplifi.

May 4, 2024 5:26 PM in response to Jeff Donald

The Apple Card data appears to be available through other financial management software. It appears that getting Simplify to communicate with the Apple Card is the issue. I was able to get an Apple Card without an iPhone, to buy the computer I'm currently using (which is maybe my 10th Mac since the Apple II?). Anyhow, I don't think not having an iPhone is the source of the issue. Having an iPhone allows for the downloading of csv files to upload to Simplify, which is a suboptimal solution. This is just someone dragging their feet at either Simplify or Apple.

May 5, 2024 12:50 AM in response to Fernando Colina

Apple Card connecting works of two financial apps that Apple chose to develop the financial toolbox for adding accounts to financial apps. The last time I checked it required an iPhone to add an Apple Card account to the financial app. Once it is setup it works in any web browser. I think I read you could borrow an iPhone for setup but not sure. With the financial toolbox available, I think we are waiting on Simplifi. You never know how long development of a software feature will take until it's working. Simplifi may have other projects ahead of Apple Card. The iPhone to connect may be an issue but Simplifi said it was coming soon. Soon for software development is not the same time frame most people associate with soon.

Does anyone know why the Apple Card will not allow Simplifi (Quicken) to use its program?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.