Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Calendar not syncing with Google Calendar

My Apple Calendar is no longer syncing with Google Calendar.

1) When I add/edit events on my iCalendar app on my iPhone these do not appear on the Google Calendar

2) When I do the same but logging into iCloud and accessing Calendar, same result; no change on Google Calendar

3) Changes ARE syncing on the Apple Calendars (icloud and iphone app)

4) Any and all events added/editted on Google Calendar are synching TO my iCalendar app on my iPhone

5) I've tried deleting that Apple Calendars, then adding them back (copying the URL, paste, etc). When I do, everyting appears in the Google Calendar.

6) But, again when I try to add or edit Apple Calendar events, they do not appear in Google Calendar

7) Lastly, when I try to delete or edit Apple Calendar events via my Google Calendar I am unable. "You do not have permission to edit this event." pops up.

I've been on Apple Support via Chat. Nothing worked. Told me to check with Google support (which there isn't any) and then call the Apple support number.

Called the Apple Support number. They couldn't figure it out.

She put me on hold to speak with her supervisor. Came back and said that since the iCloud Calendar and iCalendar on my iPhone ARE synching with each other, then there isn't anything more that they will do. "It's a problem on Googles end. Is there anything else that I can help you with?"

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what steps did you take to make you Google Calendar receive Apple Calendar info?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 9:21 PM

I am having the same problem since the OS update so frustrating and need a solution.. it was fine till I did the iOS update 17. My shared family apple calandar is showing up in the Google calandar

Similar questions

29 replies

Dec 26, 2023 8:31 AM in response to Adro_mac

I tried this on both my Mac and my iPad, but when I go to "Privacy and security>Calendars" all that I see is a message saying that "Apps that have requested access to your calendar events will appear here". There is no option to select Google Calendar or designate Full Access. And just to note, I have designated Google under the Accounts setting and turned on Calendar access there.

Oct 14, 2023 9:58 AM in response to doneill76

To those of you who may read this thread, I want to share an update.

There doesn't seem to be a true solution to this issue. I just finished up a chat with Google tech support. And the conclusion that we came to is that there doesn't seem to be a true solution to this issue. He stated that "To be honest with you, there is a long history of incompatible between iOs and Google Apps."

In another thread posted here by someone experiencing the same issue, he decided to go with the only choice left, which was to no longer enter iCloud Calendar events on his iCalendar app. He will just make everything Gmail events, and I will do the same. I'll select my Gmail "Home" calendar as the default calendar on my iPhone. This is a little frustrating because if/when I can make the move from a Windows laptop to a MacBook, I will have to almost start over with my calendars. I LOVE the feature of ALL of my info being synced between iPhone, iCloud, and the MacBook that I'll purchase. This includes calendars. But, I just won't be able to have access to current entries without opening up Google Calendar online.

Oh well. I guess that it's not a big deal. I just wish that this option presented by both Apple and Google of syncing these calendars truly did work 100%.

Have a great day!

Jan 5, 2024 9:19 AM in response to Adro_mac

Thank you for trying to help. I found Full Access under privacy and security, and that was already on. I don't see a toggle for full access by going directly to Google calendar as you suggest here. What I find is Settings>Calendar>Accounts> There I find iCloud, the EXCHANGE, and the GMAIL accounts. The toggles under those categories are mail, contacts, calendars, and notes, and all those are on. Perhaps I don't understand your instructions? My iphone and google calendar were flawlessly in sync until I recently got a new iphone, and now - as the original poster explained - I can get my google calendar events on the new iphone, but any calendar event I enter on the iphone is not shared to the google calendar. I guess maybe I'll just keep messing with it until I can work past the glitch.

Dec 8, 2023 12:16 AM in response to doneill76

Exporting of calendars events that are created in iPhone is not possible ( so they will not sync with gmail account in the same device ) , events created from Mac Add, modify or delete events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support can be exported Import or export calendars on Mac - Apple Support in finder > downloads and then in the same Mac , sign in with gmail address and its password and import that event in gmail account https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop#zippy=%2Cexport-from-another-calendar-application

Note : syncing of events created in Mac to iPhone will be possible in web mail account , when gmail account is added in Mac system internet accounts ( with gmail address and password with all gmail account credentials ) .

See these articles .

Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple SupportUse your Internet accounts on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › mac-help › mac

Add an internet account - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › guide › mac-help › mac

Then connect Mac / iPhone with usb cable on the same network ( the apple id say example1@icloud.com should be signed in both devices see this article Sync contacts and calendars between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Feb 4, 2024 11:37 AM in response to doneill76

This is a very unsatisfying answer...but just wait 15-20min and then check your Google Calendar again (in browser and/or in iPhone app). In past years the situation used to be much worse (calendar events added to a Google Calendar via a Mac/iPhone app never showing up in Google Calendar app/browser)...but for me it commonly now just takes awhile.

Leaving the Calendar app open on Mac/iPhone (where the added event can be seen just fine) might help...or maybe that's just superstition, and waiting is all we need to do. Which implies a periodic but non-immediate server update/push, somewhere between Apple and Google, not a software bug.

Apr 30, 2024 11:25 AM in response to savoirthyme

Thank you so much for this - I've spent hours trying to figure this out, and your suggestion is the only thing that worked for me. I changed the settings in my Apple calendar to only show events that had been categorized under "iCloud -> Calendar" and then individually had to change those to my Gmail account. It was tedious, but at least it worked when none of the other suggestions did.

Mar 21, 2024 3:37 AM in response to doneill76

Although this suggestion didn’t work for me, here’s what did seem to work: When I create an event on my Apple (phone) calendar, it seemed to be defaulting to one of several calendars in the event itself (my gmail address or in iCloud, Google or Calendar). If I select iPhone calendar, it does synch. I don’t know where to set the default, but after I started changing this on all events, now it is defaulting to this calendar, and everything is synching now. I don’t understand it, but it’s working.

Apple Calendar not syncing with Google Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.