Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How can I change the default alarm sound on iPhone?

After I updated to IOS17, there is a new default alarm called "Radial", which I don't like it. So I already set it back to the old classic "Radar" sound

But when I ask Siri to make a new alarm, it always makes the alarm sound back to "Radial" instead of "Radar"

I want to change my default alarm so that every time when I ask Siri to make a new one, it will use "Radar" as the alarm sound. HELP

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 11:50 AM

This is not an acceptable solution, why the heck would I do it manually when we have Siri. That is the entire point of having Siri. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Why would Siri or apple even change what sound you use.

30 replies

Dec 1, 2023 12:02 PM in response to jbulldog13

Found this in another post:

ShamefulPoppy

ShamefulPoppy

User level:Level 1

18 points

As a workaround until Apple sobers up and fixes this, create a shortcut named something you can say clearly that Siri won't confuse with other things. Add a single action "Create an alarm" and have the time set to "ask each time". Alarms created through that will have the latest-chosen-in-clock alarm sound.

Mar 23, 2024 3:11 AM in response to YC_Yannis

You cannot.

As of iOS 17.4, when you ask Siri to create an alarm it will create it with the default alarm tone of "Radial" rather than use the last selected alarm tone as manual creation of alarms does and Siri has since it was introduced in iOS 15.

Apple will need to modify iOS/Siri in the future to change this behavior.

You may complain to Apple about it at the link below; there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Dec 4, 2023 11:05 PM in response to YC_Yannis

I have the exact same problem. Seems like there is currently no ideal fix. Until Apple addresses this I am having better luck by asking Siri to wake me up in 7 hours or 20 minutes or whatever, rather than asking Siri to wake me at a certain time. It activates the timer instead of setting an alarm, but it gives the desired

result and it seems to use/retain the Radar tone.

Jan 24, 2024 1:26 PM in response to YC_Yannis

I have the same problem since updating to IOS17 on iPhone & iPad, will not allow me to change my alarm sound to any of my downloaded songs anymore.

I can change to a different tone but every time I try a downloaded song it defaults to “Radial (Default)” & it is so quiet I sleep through it!!!!!!!!

This is probably the first time I have been unable to resolve an issue after an update.

I AM NOT HAPPY!!!

How can I change the default alarm sound on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.