Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Find My freezes with iOS 17

once my wife's iPhone 11 has been upgraded to iOS 17 (now with 17.0.3) Find My freezes when she look for my or our son position, the only two people she shares the position with. No problem with the devices or the airtags.

Apple support guessed that this problem could be solved if I and my son upgrade to iOS17, too.

Does it make sense to anyone of you? It looks to me something to be fixed in iOS17 to make it compatible with older iOS versions, if this is really the cause.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Thanks

Andrea

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 6:17 AM

6 replies

Oct 22, 2023 8:16 AM in response to venturiand

Hey there Andrea,

Apple may be on to something. The update process can frequently address unexpected software behavior such as the one you're experiencing with Find My. Here's a guide to help with updating your device: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Additionally one other support article that may offer assistance can be found here: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support. This page will provide steps on how to do the following:

1. Close and reopen the app
      2. Restart your device
      3. Check for updates
      4. Delete the app, then redownload it

If you have completed each of those steps and still have the issue, you'll want to return to Apple Support for further assistance. You can reach out to them by clicking here: Get Support or over the phone by calling the number that is most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

Best wishes!

Dec 19, 2023 4:42 PM in response to venturiand

It's still happening for me, on my iPad. I keep it updated to the latest version, and I'm currently on iOS 17.2. It first started happening when I upgraded to iOS 17. All of the devices I track are also upgraded to the current version, but it locks up a couple minutes after I start using it every time. I close it and re-open and it's fine, so it's more of a nuisance than anything, but I'm surprised it hasn't already been fixed.

Find My freezes with iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.