Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 14 Pro Max not charging after 17.1 upgrade

Hi team,

my iPhone 14 Pro Max is absolutely not detecting both of my original iPhone and iPad chargers after 17.1 update. This magic happened immediately after this update. Phone or charger are absolutely Not damaged physically, but working thing shopped working after this 17.1 update. Today, I got one more software update 17.1.1 and that also installed successfully, but charging issue not getting resolved. I have tried few of my friends iPhone chargers and absolutely no charger works after this software update….

Need quick help !!!!!!!!!!

regards,

mukesh purohit

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 8, 2023 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 8:33 AM

I’m having the exact same issue, and am also getting frustrated by Apple’s responses that the update isn’t the issue. I’ve seen many posts from people having the same issue as us. Currently typing this on my ipad because my phone is completely dead and useless after this atrocious update!!! How about an actual fix, Apple??

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2023 8:33 AM in response to MPurohit

I’m having the exact same issue, and am also getting frustrated by Apple’s responses that the update isn’t the issue. I’ve seen many posts from people having the same issue as us. Currently typing this on my ipad because my phone is completely dead and useless after this atrocious update!!! How about an actual fix, Apple??

Nov 29, 2023 6:47 AM in response to MPurohit

My iPhone 14 Pro Max did the same exact thing. It was working fine nothing was wrong with the charging at all. In fact I was just bragging about it days before talking about how this has been better than android. After the update it will not charge on some cords or it only goes to 64 or overnight it may reach up to 88 but it will not charge fully. It started right after the update. It needs to get fixed.

Nov 8, 2023 1:02 AM in response to MPurohit

Updating iOS on your iPhone should typically not alter the fundamental functionality of the device. It's possible that there were underlying issues before this update, which you might not have been aware of previously or might not have noticed.

In general, iOS updates are designed to enhance the user experience, improve security, and fix bugs, rather than introducing major disruptions to core features. The reported issue of the screen flickering and displaying a white screen after an update is likely caused by factors that are not explicitly mentioned in your post.

iOS updates primarily focus on improving system performance, introducing new features, fixing bugs, and enhancing security. They are designed to preserve your personal data, settings, and information intact.

During an iOS update, your device's operating system is upgraded, but your personal data, such as contacts, photos, messages, and other information, should remain unchanged. However, it's always a good practice to perform a backup of your device before any major update to ensure that your data is safely stored.

It's important to note that while an iOS update itself should not alter personal details, it's possible that certain features or settings may be adjusted or improved with the update. In such cases, you may need to review and adjust specific settings to match your preferences after the update.

Always make sure to read and understand the update details provided by Apple before proceeding with an iOS update, and follow best practices such as backing up your device to minimize any potential risks or complications.

Nov 15, 2023 11:41 PM in response to hakkimfromadirai

Your troubleshooting steps don't Apple here. Do you get some form of monetary bonus for pasting that same comment that you learnt from Apple advisors? You need to give better advice. None of it even applied to this battery issue.

I came here for help with my iPad Pro not charging since 17.1.1 - none of your comment was helpful. Refrain from posting it in the future. I thought you was a 'bot' to begin with

Apr 30, 2024 8:13 PM in response to MPurohit

I'm having the same issue after updating my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Earlier today, I plugged the charger into my phone and had a message prompt indicating liquid was detected in my port and to wait until it dries before charging whenever my phone hasn't been near water. Maybe the update is causing the liquid indicator to go off, which won't allow you to charge your phone. At the moment I'm using wireless charging to power up my phone. Has anyone figured out a fix without having to reset the entire phone?

iPhone 14 Pro Max not charging after 17.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.