Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 15 alarm not working

i have two phones - a 14 for work and a 15 for personal. My morning alarm does not work on my 15, so I’ve now had to resort to using my 14 for my morning alarm. Time is set correctly, volume is turned ALL the way up and it still won’t go off. Apps are update. It’s got to be a bug in the new 15 operating system.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 4:14 AM

Same problem. I just switched from android to IPhone 15 Pro. I happend to me twice. My morning alarm was silent. No vibrations. But the alarm was showing on the screen. volume levels are fine. it happen Only for morning alarms. Other alarms work fine.

This really makes my first impressions of using the iPhone poor.

70 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2023 4:14 AM in response to Jcryun

Same problem. I just switched from android to IPhone 15 Pro. I happend to me twice. My morning alarm was silent. No vibrations. But the alarm was showing on the screen. volume levels are fine. it happen Only for morning alarms. Other alarms work fine.

This really makes my first impressions of using the iPhone poor.

Nov 13, 2023 4:38 PM in response to Jcryun

After I updated to iOS 17 my alarm stopped making noise too. I fixed it by disabling the standby feature. It installed default On. I noticed that when I picked up my phone in the morning (after using a normal alarm clock because I stopped replying on my iPhone) this odd screen showed up including a little red bell.

Try turning this off and report back!!

Nov 21, 2023 7:47 AM in response to Jcryun

I have been in contact 5 times with Apple support over the last 2 months about the alarm app.

They told me the last two times: "they know there is a problem and the software people are working on it."

They said to keep my phone up-to-date and for me to download a free alarm app and use it until they can fix the app.

Yup, new phone, no alarm.

Dec 14, 2023 5:59 AM in response to Jcryun

Same issue with new iPhone 15. I’ve tried deleting & recreating alarms, changing the sound & volue, and rebooting. It will work when I test it out awake, but never in the morning when I rely on it. When I look at the phone it appears as if the alarm is going off (see snooze & off buttons) but there is no sound. I use a sleep schedule (so certain people don’t wake me up with texts) and had to re-enable alarms within it, that didn’t work. Today I deleted the sleep schedule altogether and tried disabling the standby feature so we’ll see what happens tomorrow morning.

Dec 7, 2023 8:12 AM in response to Jcryun

Most fixes work, but only for about 1-2 weeks. If it similar to my phone after that it starts to miss an alarm now and then or just sound one or two notes then turn off then slowly stops working again.

I've reset everything more than once, used Apple customer service and did all their steps. Did everything that worked for people here. It only works for a week or so.

Apple says it is a glitch in the software with the new clock/alarm, they are aware and are working on it. They suggest to use another app for an alarm until they fix it.

I've contacted Apple about this issue on my new phone (bought in Sept).

Dec 19, 2023 2:38 AM in response to Jcryun

Mine still isn’t working either and I have tried everything in the book! I’m starting to get frustrated because I just went back to using iPhone after a few years after having Samsung Galaxy phones! I am very upset with Apple right now because with this iPhone 15, I have yet to hear my alarm clock go off! I am furious and this is so ridiculous!

Dec 19, 2023 6:14 PM in response to Jcryun

Just updated to 17.2 and it still doesn’t work. Does anyone know if beta works?

When will Apple fix this? I find it bizarre that Apple allows such a serious bug to persist.

Also, anyone have a good alarm to recommend that works when screen is locked? The ones I’ve tried need me to keep my phone unlocked the whole night.

Nov 19, 2023 5:17 AM in response to CarissaLeeW

I was having the same problem as the OP and tried your suggestion … it worked, thank you very much! Since I’d not even signed up for a sleep schedule it was baffling how it even happened. Apple HAS to fix that… fortunately, found your reply right away and only went two days being late … feel sorry for anyone that has a strict schedule and may have gotten into trouble fir it at their jobs.

iPhone 15 alarm not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.