Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Iphone 15 Pro MAx USB-C cable won't fully insert or charge.

Cable that came with Phone and still works with other USB-C connections won't fully insert and seat in iphone 15 pro max although it worked fine yesterday. have used compressed air to blow out charging port, no visual blockage and case on phone is not impeding.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 24, 2023 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 9:04 PM

Same issue with an iPhone 15 Pro. The cable doesn’t snap in all the way. Tried multiple cables, and the same cables snap just fine on my iPad. Seems like the issue started overnight; one day it worked fine, the next day my phone isn’t charging at all because the cable is loose.

9 replies

Nov 30, 2023 9:22 PM in response to 915LovellNH

I feel like the new charging port isn’t as stable as the old lightning ports. I have the 15 pro and got it shortly after release and have been gentle with it since. But I’ve already noticed that the charger wiggles when plugged in. I have an appointment with a technician soon and hopefully they fix it under warranty because a new phone that costs several hundred dollars shouldn’t be having issues like this yet.

Feb 19, 2024 9:42 AM in response to 915LovellNH

Had a similar issue, but when using iPhone 15 Pro with the car. The cabbie used to sit very firmly in the port, now the tiniest bump can disrupt the connection, which is extremely annoying.

Tested with a charger on a different cable and the phone was losing connection in a similar manner - bump it and it will disconnect for a moment, sometimes not reconnecting at all.

Feb 27, 2024 7:07 AM in response to ehrel

I have make sure the usb c is pushed in all the way, then after it sits for awhile I'll check back and it has ever so slightly loosened in the port so its no longer charging. Frustrating to wake up in the morning with an uncharged phone. I think I'll take it in to apple and see if they can fix it.

May 15, 2024 2:30 PM in response to Chicharon200

Just wasted an hour of my time for Apple to tell me that the cord that comes with the phone is not lose so there is nothing they will do. They don’t sell a cord for Apple play in my car so they reccomend Belkin. I have already bought Anker and used the cord that came with my car from Toyota for Apple Play and neither work without coming loose. I am now buying yet another cord just to prove to them it’s their problem!!

Iphone 15 Pro MAx USB-C cable won't fully insert or charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.