Logic Pro X not starting up.

So basically, I open Logic, and it has that gray dot at the bottom indicating that it's open, but it really isn't open, and it won't start up. I've tried everything, such as doing the commands to open something, but it kept saying, "Command not available because the app hasn't started up yet." I can open the settings, but I can't find any use of them. I can't open a project or start a session; it's completely not working, and nothing on the internet has helped me in any way. I honestly feel like I have done something wrong; however, I have no idea what I did wrong haha. I hope someone can help me, and if ever you guys have other questions, I'll try to answer them right away.

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2023 10:59 PM

Having this same issue, on a brand new mbp. Had downloaded Logic Pro on this new device after running it on an imac since 2014. Managed to get a new session opened ONCE and even got an audio file loaded in, but the audio would not play. After quitting out of that session, same issues, all commands greyed out, new session unable to open. Critical failure. Really hope this gets sorted asap, kind of embarrassing for this to happen on a new device with flagship, apple-made software.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2023 10:59 PM in response to _bellaquinn

Having this same issue, on a brand new mbp. Had downloaded Logic Pro on this new device after running it on an imac since 2014. Managed to get a new session opened ONCE and even got an audio file loaded in, but the audio would not play. After quitting out of that session, same issues, all commands greyed out, new session unable to open. Critical failure. Really hope this gets sorted asap, kind of embarrassing for this to happen on a new device with flagship, apple-made software.

Apr 8, 2024 9:57 PM in response to _bellaquinn

I had the same issue. I eventually got Apple Support involved and ended up having to wipe my computer. My best guess is that it's a framework issue that's popped up with the most recent update. I'd try a fresh reinstall of the OS, and if that doesn't work, you may have to wipe. Seems like the only way it's gotten resolved. Apple doesn't know about an issue internally with the latest build causing issues.

Apr 13, 2024 1:42 PM in response to Lionzinho

So I have found the source of my issue

It's the Logic Pro, Apple Sound Library.

Despite promising you that you can relocate it and even providing a handy menu item to enable you to do this, Logic will not accept its Sound Library being on anything other than my startup disc. Anything other than this causes Logic to either provide an error message saying it can't find the library (because I have had to disconnect the external HD it was on) or it just crashes disgracefully.

My solution has been twofold.

Having had to to redownload the application, remove all my peripherals and install them one by one (to ensure that they weren't the issue, despite working perfectly with every other audio application I use), remove and install all my many plugins one by one (because why would they work perfectly in every other audio application and yet cause Logic to have issues eh), I've installed the absolute minimum Apple Sound library on my startup disc. So that's 33Gb of stuff Logic says I need, but won't let me put where I want it to go.

I'll not be downloading any of the optional Sound Library stuff. Apple's internal HDs are expensive and fragile enough that I don't want to risk any of Apple's own stuff giving me more problems.

So after two days of troubleshooting only to find out that it's an Apple issue, I've sorted it out and Logic actually deigns to load on my £3,500 Apple computer.

I'm thankful because it means I can actually load all the work I've done over the last few years and move it to an Audio application that might actually be expected to work reliably.

Hope this helps

Apr 13, 2024 1:48 PM in response to yoyoBen

My issue persisted when I created an entirely new user and only ever opened Logic on that account. It would just crash with no indication but a report that I could send to apple. They must be heartily sick of my reports by now, there have been so many.

I had to disconnect everything and start Logic with command-shift pressed to even get it to open. But eventually it did and told me the sound library was missing (because it was on a non-connected external HD). And that helped me finally locate the issue.

Jan 9, 2024 5:19 PM in response to yoyoBen

Hey I appreciate your suggestion; like I said, I already tried this (it is one of the steps that Apple has listed for troubleshooting logic) and it did not work.

As to your other suggestion, I am attempting to get Logic to run on a brand new macbook pro. I have not migrated data over from my previous iMac. Let me know if you can think of anything else that could be causing this issue!

Logic Pro X not starting up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.