Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone 15 pro max locks itself

Since the latest auto update, my phone has turned into a major problem.

I can be typing a text, looking for a number, writing an email or trying to answer a call and the phone locks itself and blackens the screen. I have to go in a type my passcode because Face Recognition doesn't work after one of these shutdown. It is now almost ALL THE TIME. Beautiful paperweight at $1600! Anybody have this problem or a solution?!?!?

This may be the beginning of the end......PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I SMASH ANOTHER IPHONE!

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 4, 2023 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2024 7:05 PM

same issue too 15 pro max latest iOS - problem started May 2

13 replies

Dec 4, 2023 6:29 PM in response to Bigness

Bigness Said:

"iPhone 15 pro max locks itself: Since the latest auto update, my phone has turned into a major problem.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting a Locking Mac After an Update:

A. Being Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone might be stuck in a boot loop. This typically happens when you unsuccessfully download something or an install stalls while in the process.  So, refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

B. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this issue, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

May 8, 2024 6:53 PM in response to Bigness

Mine has started this as well. About 7 days ago. And it’s progressively gotten worse. Apples only suggestion was to factory

reset (start completely over with no backup) or take it to an Apple Store (3.5hrs from me) and that it didn’t matter that it’s under warranty or AppleCare. If it’s not doing it or appearing to be broken at time of diagnosis, they won’t replace it. So. Cool.

May 8, 2024 7:51 PM in response to taygoo24

You might want to try a DFU. I believe that stands for Device Firmware Update. Your current operating system is removed and replaced. You would need a MAC or Windows computer and iTunes. It’s very easy to do. The only challenging part sometimes is to get the phone into DFU mode. There are videos online.

iPhone 15 pro max locks itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.