Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Location sharing not working on my iPhone

I can send my girlfriend my location indefinitely and we always have shared them with each other but now her won’t come through to me

anymore? Only the location right then . Afterwards it just say’s non location found?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 10, 2023 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2024 7:11 AM

Apple needs to DO A UPDATE FIX this feature goes in and out does not stay fixed?? Anyone know how to get this request back to Apple Technicians?? Enough is enough

35 replies

Jan 23, 2024 3:46 PM in response to nc193

Similar issue:

wife 13 pro max

me 14 pro max

We always share in family & “Find My” app and location in “Messages” always worked great.

now after she got new phone:

wife 15 pro max

me 14 pro max

”Find My” app works fine

but

Both our “Messages” locations will not work

Do I possibly have to erase her old phone and have her send me new “Contact” from new phone so the up address gets right?

Dec 11, 2023 1:35 PM in response to SravanKrA

Apologies if I wasn’t clear in earlier post. Although, viewing your reply, I have done all the options you showed me there. We have sat beside each other and I can turn my location off and back on indefinitely, and it works fine. She can also stop sharing locations and try to turn sharing with me back on , but it will only allow her to share her instant location and no allowance to change to indefinitely or anything. I know it is being done correctly because I even held both phones at once and mine would work correctly but couldn’t get hers too.?.

Mar 24, 2024 6:40 PM in response to nc193

there is one setting in find my app label as share last location your girlfriends might have turn it off by mistake and enabling it will fix the issue which you are facing but location service can also not work due to many reason so for more on location issue and for the steps on how to turn on share last location

[Edited by Moderator]

Feb 13, 2024 12:53 PM in response to EmBecc

Out of the blue my iPhone 13 won’t allow me to share my location with my husband. He can share with me but when I try to share with him….. nothing. We have added and deleted numerous times but still I’m not able to share my location. Everyone else on my list can still see me. Spent an hour on the phone with Apple support but no resolution. This has to be a glitch in the software that they need to address!!!

Feb 8, 2024 6:13 PM in response to EmBecc

Definitely an Apple bug. My wife’s l iPhone 14 has stopped sharing location with my iPhone SE. The rest of the family sharing still functions normally. My wife can see my location, but I can’t see hers despite unsharing and resharing many times with the two phones sitting side by side. I hope Apple determine’s the cause and gets this fixed.

Location sharing not working on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.